Contact Us

Cigarette Fires
*    Denotes required field.

   * First Name 

   * Last Name 

   * Email 


Cell Phone 

Street Address 

Zip Code 



   * Please describe your case:

For verification purposes, please answer the below question:

No Yes, I agree to the Parker Waichman LLP disclaimers. Click here to review.

Yes, I would like to receive the Parker Waichman LLP monthly newsletter, InjuryAlert.

please do not fill out the field below.

Cigarette Sparks Fire at Lake Oswego Triplex

Aug 23, 2005 |

Investigators believe a discarded cigarette sparked a huge triplex fire that lit up the dark sky in Lake Oswego early Tuesday morning, caused an estimated half million dollars in damage and injured one firefighter.

The firefighter's face was cut with glass and paramedics took him to the hospital where doctors stitched up his wounds.

The blaze broke out just after midnight in the rental building near the corner of Lakeview Boulevard and Bryant Road. Firefighters said it moved fast, escalating into a three-alarm fire, and kept them busy for several hours.

“It appeared that it was a challenge initially, just because they had fire going from the exterior into the interior and it got into the attic quickly, so they had an attic fire, and it was stubborn,” said Chuck Chaffin with the Lake Oswego Fire Department.

Flames were shooting out of two of the three units but authorities said all the residents escaped safely.

Investigators believe a cigarette ignited after being disposed of in bark dust outside, near an apartment deck.

Other articles
Parker Waichman Accolades And Reviews Best Lawyers Find Us On Avvo