Contact Us

Cigarette Fires
*    Denotes required field.

   * First Name 

   * Last Name 

   * Email 


Cell Phone 

Street Address 

Zip Code 



   * Please describe your case:

For verification purposes, please answer the below question:

No Yes, I agree to the Parker Waichman LLP disclaimers. Click here to review.

Yes, I would like to receive the Parker Waichman LLP monthly newsletter, InjuryAlert.

please do not fill out the field below.

Clark Co. Hotel Fire Blamed On Discarded Cigarette

Aug 24, 2005 |

A discarded cigarette sparked a hotel fire in Clark County early Wednesday morning, investigators said. The fire came on the heels of two other blazes this week that also are believed to have been caused by discarded cigarettes.

 Fire crews arrived at the Salmon Creek Shilo Inn about 1 a.m. and discovered a bark dust fire that had spread to the building on the south wing of the facility, said Leah Edwards with Clark County Fire District 6.

A good Samaritan who attempted to notify possible occupants was transported to the hospital. That person’s identity and the extent of his or her injuries was not released.

There were no reports of any other injuries. The south wing of the hotel was evacuated.

Firefighters had to cut a hole in a floor to gain access to the fire, which they had under control within 15 minutes.

The cigarette-sparked blaze caused an estimated $12,500 in damage, Edwards said.

Investigators believe a discarded cigarette sparked a huge triplex fire in Lake Oswego early Tuesday morning that caused an estimated $500,000 in damage and injured a firefighter.

A discarded cigarette was also blamed for a three-alarm fire that caused $500,000 damage to Lake Labish Elementary School near Salem on Monday.

Related articles Other articles
Parker Waichman Accolades And Reviews Best Lawyers Find Us On Avvo