Contact Us

PW Case Review Form
*    Denotes required field.

   * First Name 

   * Last Name 

   * Email 

Phone 

   * Please describe your case:

What injury have you suffered?

For verification purposes, please answer the below question:
+
=

No Yes, I agree to the Parker Waichman LLP disclaimers. Click here to review.

Yes, I would like to receive the Parker Waichman LLP monthly newsletter, InjuryAlert.

please do not fill out the field below.


Monte Carlo Hotel Fire in Las Vegas Results in Evacuation of 5,000 Guests

Jan 26, 2008 | Parker Waichman LLP

Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino Fire
Guests of the Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas were forced to flee their rooms on January 25, 2008 after a fire destroyed a large section of the Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino rooftop.  The 3-alarm fire at the 32-story Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino resulted in the evacuation of all of the resort’s 3,002 rooms, as well as its restaurants, spa and casino.
The fire at the Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino broke out on the roof of the hotel at approximately 11:00 a.m.  local time.   Because the roof of the Monte Carlo Hotel is made of foam material, sections of it melted off, sending flaming debris raining down to the Las Vegas Strip. Some of the falling embers started small fires on lower sections of the building.   About 120 fire fighters responded to the blaze, but because there are no fire ladders tall enough to reach the roof of a 32-story building, crews were forced to fight the inferno from the hotel’s windows. 
Fortunately, there were no fatalities as a result of the Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino fire, however 17 people were injured and taken to area hospitals.  Most of their injuries were the result of inhaling smoke or fleeing the building.
No cause of Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino fire has yet been determine, but early media reports said that welders had been working on the roof of the complex.  While there was no immediate indication of criminal activity or arson, investigators said they were ruling nothing out.
5,000 Guests Evacuated from the Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino
The Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino, with 3,002 guest rooms and 211 suites, was almost full and about 900 workers were on duty when the fire began.   Hotel management estimated that there were about 5,000 people staying at the Monte Carlo when the blaze broke out.   Employees reportedly went door-to-door in the hotel to insure that all guests had evacuated.   The evacuated Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino guests were taken to the nearby MGM Grand Garden.  Management from MGM Mirage, Inc., which owns the Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino, said that all evacuated guests would be given rooms at other MGM Mirage properties in Las Vegas, including the Bellagio and New York New York resorts adjacent to the Monte Carlo.
Monte Carlo Hotel guests were allowed back into the hotel late Friday and Saturday with security escorts to retrieve items left when they fled.  Any guest arriving the night of the fire with a reservation to stay at the Monte Carlo was asked to report to the MGM Grand Garden. 
Legal Help
If you or a loved one were a guest at the Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas Nevada, and were evacuated as a result of the January 25, 2008 fire, you may have valuable legal rights.  Please fill out the form at the right for a free lawsuit case evaluation by a qualified attorney.


Related articles
Parker Waichman Accolades And Reviews Best Lawyers Find Us On Avvo