Contact Us

Product Liability
*    Denotes required field.

   * First Name 

   * Last Name 

   * Email 


Cell Phone 

Street Address 

Zip Code 



Date of Accident : 

State of occurrence: 

Name of defective product:

   * Please describe your case:

For verification purposes, please answer the below question:

No Yes, I agree to the Parker Waichman LLP disclaimers. Click here to review.

Yes, I would like to receive the Parker Waichman LLP monthly newsletter, InjuryAlert.

please do not fill out the field below.

Some Stores Recall Toy After Boy's Death

Dec 29, 2005 | AP

A Utah store pulls a popular toy from store shelves after a two-year-old boy from Washington state swallowed pieces of the magnetized building set and died.

Smith's Marketplace stores in Utah are among retailers nationwide joining in a voluntary recall of Magnetix until the investigation is complete.

Last month, Kenny Sweet, of Redmond, Washington, died after swallowing two magnets that fell off his older brother's Magnetix. One magnet got stuck at one end of his gastrointestinal tract and the other got stuck at the other end. Eventually, they pinched his intestines closed and he died from septic shock.

The U-S Consumer Product Safety Commission is now investigating whether or not the toy is safe.

Kroger Company, which owns Smith's Food and Drug, Fred Meyer and other stores has pulled the product from its shelves. Other companies, such as Toys R Us, are waiting for a verdict from the C-P-S-C before they pull their stock of Magnetix.

Related articles
Parker Waichman Accolades And Reviews Best Lawyers Find Us On Avvo