Contact Us

Taser Stun Guns
*    Denotes required field.

   * First Name 

   * Last Name 

   * Email 


Cell Phone 

Street Address 

Zip Code 



   * Please describe your case:

For verification purposes, please answer the below question:

No Yes, I agree to the Parker Waichman LLP disclaimers. Click here to review.

Yes, I would like to receive the Parker Waichman LLP monthly newsletter, InjuryAlert.

please do not fill out the field below.

Taser Victim's Family Likely To File Lawsuit

Jan 5, 2005 | San Francisco Examiner

The San Mateo County District Attorney's office continues to co-investigate two officer-involved deaths that occurred on Sunday, while the Pacifica Police Department faces a likely lawsuit from one victim's family.

The family of 30-year-old Greg Saulsbury, who died at Seton Medical Center after getting shocked at least once by Pacifica police with a Taser gun Sunday night.

Saulsbury's actual cause of death and its connection to the Taser shock is still unknown an autopsy is scheduled to take place today.

Pacifica police claim Saulsbury was acting combative and resisting arrest in his grandmother's home on the 400 block of Inverness Drive in Pacifica. Police Capt. Jim Tasa said officers responded to a 911 medical call and entered the house to secure the area for medical personnel. However, he did not elaborate on any details of the incident, such as how many times Saulsbury was tased.

"It's unfortunate obviously, but we are working in conjuncture with the San Mateo County District Attorney's office to make sure we get all the facts straight and verify exactly what happened," Tasa said.

Saulsbury's grandmother, Clarice Patterson, told The Examiner Tuesday that an ambulance never arrived at the house, and that against her will, at least seven officers pushed past her into the house just before midnight Sunday.

"They were just wrong they came in like vigilantes, like they were hyped up on something," Patterson said. "They didn't have a reason."

Family members told The Associated Press that Saulsbury was acting paranoid and irrational and was possibly on drugs, however Patterson said her grandson was just sick and simply lying down in a back room when officers arrived. Patterson said police shocked Saulsbury several times with the Taser while trying to arrest him, and that his father, Gregory Saulsbury Sr., was also tased when he attempted to intervene on his son's behalf.

Related articles Other articles
Parker Waichman Accolades And Reviews Best Lawyers Find Us On Avvo