Two Dead of Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Holbrook, New York Auto ShopFeb 10, 2015
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Suffolk County (New York) police say two men were found dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at a Holbrook auto-detailing shop Thursday night.
Shop owner Porfiro Alvarez, 54, of Freeport, and employee Jose Rufino Gonzalez, 25, of Bellport, were found dead inside the shop Thursday evening, Newsday reports. Alvarez's relatives went to the shop because they had not heard from him since Tuesday. The relatives arrived at Super Auto Detail about 6:15 p.m. but the building was locked and they were unable to get in. They then called the police.
When officers from the Fifth Precinct entered the shop, they found Alvarez lying next to his 1989 GMC van, which he had apparently left running. The van's ignition was on and the heat control was set to high, police said. The van appeared to have run out of gas. Police officers found Gonzalez on a mattress in the back of the van, according to Newsday. The two men were pronounced dead at the scene. Police said Alvarez and Gonzalez occasionally slept at the business.
Need Legal Help Regarding Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?