Many men suffer from retrograde ejaculation, but as expected, not many men discuss this issue for obvious reasons. But it is important to know that there are very real reasons for this condition such as medication usage, a health condition or as a result of a surgery that affects the nerves or muscles that control the bladder opening.
So what exactly is retrograde ejaculation? According to the Mayo Clinic, retrograde ejaculation occurs when semen enters the bladder instead of emerging through the penis during orgasm. And although you still climax, you may ejaculate a very small amount of semen or no semen at all. This is referred to as a dry orgasm and can cause male infertility.
It is important to note that retrograde ejaculation doesn’t affect your ability to get an erection nor have an orgasm. Symptoms of this condition include:
• Dry Orgasms
• Cloudy Urine after Orgasm because it contains semen
• Male Infertility
Retrograde ejaculation is just one of the many complications that those who have had spinal fusion surgery suffer from. You see, Medtronic Infuse was designed to help those suffering from degenerative disk disease. However, some doctors are not only using this device for other uses that have not been approved by the FDA – for example, Medtronic Infuse is NOT approved, but often used for procedures involving the cervical spine (neck) – but they are also NOT reporting the side effects that happen as a result. Besides retrograde ejaculation, reported major issues involving off-label use of Medtronic Infuse also include:
• Acute severe swelling of the neck several days after surgery, resulting in death or permanent injury;
• Cancer – may types including stomach, thyroid, breast, skin (melanoma), ovarian, lung, leukemia, prostate, laryngeal, lymphoma, pancreatic;
• Difficulty swallowing;
• Difficulty breathing
• Difficulty speaking
• Ectopic or uncontrolled bone growth at or near the site of the surgery (a study found that 75% of Infuse patients experienced ectopic bone growth)
• Nerve injuries causing severe and chronic pain;
• Ongoing or chronic radiating pain in the legs or arms (i.e., neuritis, radiculopathy, or radiculitis);
• Male sterility (Independent researchers at Stanford University found evidence that Infuse was linked to a complication that causes sterility in men)
If you suffer from retrograde ejaculation it is always wise to see you doctor because there may be an underlying problem that may require medical attention. And of course, if you are suffering from retrograde ejaculation or any other side effect due to off-label use of the Medtronic Infuse bone graft, contact us today to discuss.