Request Call Back

Contact Us

Defective Medical Devices
*    Denotes required field.

   * First Name 

   * Last Name 

   * Email 


Cell Phone 

Street Address 

Zip Code 



Date when device was implanted :

Please describe any problems or injuries caused by the product:

For verification purposes, please answer the below question:

No Yes, I agree to the Parker Waichman LLP disclaimers. Click here to review.

Yes, I would like to receive the Parker Waichman LLP monthly newsletter, InjuryAlert.

please do not fill out the field below.

Do I Need to Have My Old Joint Implant Preserved for Evidence?

Do I Need to Have My Old Joint Implant Preserved for Evidence?

Defective Knee Implants | Metal-on-Metal Hip Implant | Defective Hip Implants | Lawyers, Lawsuits | Side Effects: Hip Replacement Pain, Delayed Side Effects, Symptoms, Premature Failure | Premature Failure, Faulty Components, Contaminated Device

Attorney Dan Burke of Parker Waichman explains how his firm saves and preserves evidence in your medical case. It's important to show not only medical records but any type of evidence possible in case your lawsuit goes to trial.

If you've suffered an injury from a hip or knee replacement surgery, you will need to have another placement surgery. During that time, we will have asked the doctors to pull the defective device and components out of your body and bag them for evidence. They may also pull samples of tissue damage or death. The items are then placed in a solution and preserved for a later date. We then hire a third party company to store the materials until when and if we need them to prove your case. We follow an important protocol to make sure the chain of custody can be proven and that the evidence cannot be tampered with and is available at the time of your trial. Watch this video now to learn more.

To learn more about defective medical devices, I encourage you to watch the video above and to explore our educational website at DePuy Hip Implant Side Effects May Be Linked To Revision Surgery Lawsuits. If you have legal questions, I want you to call me at (800) 800-9797. I welcome your call.


Do I Need to Have My Old Joint Implant Preserved for Evidence?RSS Feed
Parker Waichman Accolades And Reviews Best Lawyers Find Us On Avvo