According to the recall notice, the Advanced EV golf carts have a defect that can make the front seat become loose, leading to a hazardous situation for operators and passengers. This hazard is attributed to the absence of rubber grommets, and this compromises the seat’s stability and increases the risk of falls and injuries.
The golf carts subjected to the recall are specifically the 4- and 6-seat models prominently displaying the Advanced EV logo on the front cowl. To provide more context, the affected models include the Advent 4F, Advent 4FL, Advent 6, and Advent 6L golf carts that were sold between May 2020 and June 2022. Owners of these recalled models need to take immediate action to address the issue.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) strongly advises consumers to stop using the recalled golf carts immediately. To rectify the problem, individuals should reach out to the dealer from whom the golf cart was purchased. The dealer will facilitate a free inspection and carry out any necessary repairs to ensure the safety of the affected golf carts.
For clarity, only units with serial numbers falling within the range of LTA0050000 through LTA0145000 are part of this particular recall. This information assists in identifying the specific golf carts that require attention.
Tragically, the firm has received two reports of injuries stemming from falls related to this issue. These incidents resulted in lacerations and scratches for those involved, underscoring the importance of taking immediate action to address the hazard.
Regarding the cost, the Advanced EV golf carts are priced between $11,100 and $12,500. However, it is essential to note that the price point is secondary to the primary concern of ensuring the safety and well-being of operators and passengers.
Filing a Product Liability Lawsuit For Injuries Caused by the Defective Advanced EV’s Recalled Golf Carts
If you or a loved one has experienced an injury or suffered damages as a result of the Advanced EV golf cart’s defect, you may have the grounds to file a product liability lawsuit. A product liability lawsuit seeks to hold the manufacturer accountable for the harm caused by their faulty product.
It is important to understand the general process involved when considering a product liability lawsuit. Please note that the information provided here serves as an available guide, and consulting with a qualified product liability attorney is recommended to protect your legal rights. The product liability lawsuit process includes:
- Consultation with our Attorneys: Start by seeking a consultation with an attorney experienced in product liability cases. During this initial meeting, you can discuss the details of your situation and determine the viability of your claim. The attorney will assess the evidence, evaluate the strength of your case, and provide guidance on the best course of action.
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering: If your attorney determines that your case has merit, they will initiate an investigation to gather evidence supporting your claim. This may involve reviewing medical records, interviewing witnesses, analyzing the defective product, and consulting with experts in relevant fields.
- Determining & Establishing Liability: Your attorney will identify the parties responsible for the defect in the Advanced EV golf carts. In this case, potential defendants could include the manufacturer, distributor, retailer, or any other entity involved in the product’s supply chain. Establishing liability is crucial to build a strong case.
- Building the Case: Your attorney will compile the evidence gathered during the investigation to construct a compelling case. This may involve demonstrating that the defect existed, proving negligence or strict liability, and showing a direct connection between the defect and the injuries or damages suffered.
- Settlement Negotiations: In many product liability cases, the parties involved engage in settlement negotiations to reach a resolution outside of court. Your attorney will advocate on your behalf, presenting the evidence and the extent of your injuries or damages to the opposing party. Through negotiations, they will strive to secure a fair and appropriate settlement that compensates you for your losses.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If a satisfactory settlement cannot be reached, your attorney will proceed with filing a lawsuit against the responsible parties. They will draft a complaint outlining the details of your case, including the nature of the defect, the injuries or damages you have suffered, and the legal grounds for holding the defendants liable. The lawsuit will be filed in the appropriate court with jurisdiction over the matter.
- Discovery and Pre-Trial Proceedings: Once the lawsuit is filed, both parties will engage in the discovery process. This involves exchanging information, documents, and evidence relevant to the case. Depositions may be conducted, where witnesses or experts provide sworn testimony. Your attorney will diligently prepare your case, ensuring that all necessary evidence is presented.
- Expert Witnesses: In product liability cases, expert witnesses often play a crucial role. Your attorney may consult with professionals in fields such as engineering, manufacturing, or product design to provide their expert opinions regarding the defect and its impact on your injuries or damages. These experts can strengthen your case by providing specialized knowledge and credibility.
- Settlement Mediation or Trial: Before proceeding to trial, the court may require the parties to participate in settlement mediation, where a neutral third party assists in reaching a resolution. If mediation fails or is not mandatory, the case will proceed to trial. During the trial, both sides will present their arguments, evidence, and witnesses before a judge or jury, who will ultimately decide the outcome.
- Verdict and Compensation: If the court finds the defendants liable for the injuries or damages caused by the Advanced EV golf carts’ defect, they may be ordered to compensate you for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other applicable damages. The amount of compensation awarded will depend on various factors, including the severity of the injuries, the impact on your life, and the evidence presented.
It is important to note that product liability laws and specific legal procedures may vary depending on your jurisdiction. Consulting with a qualified attorney who specializes in product liability cases will provide you with personalized guidance and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the process.
As a well-established law firm, Parker Waichman LLP has the resources and connections necessary to handle complex cases effectively. They have a dedicated team of attorneys, paralegals, and support staff who work collaboratively to build strong cases. Additionally, they have access to a network of expert witnesses, consultants, and investigators who can provide valuable insights and strengthen their clients’ claims.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Be sure to get the legal help you need for your product injury case. Contact Parker Waichman, LLP today by calling their toll-free number 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529). Their experienced product liability attorneys are standing by to provide a free case evaluation and help you take the first steps toward obtaining the justice and compensation you deserve.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation