Daimler Trucks North America Recalls Certain 2023 Models Due to Driveshaft Failure.
August 1, 2023 – Daimler Trucks North America, LLC (DTNA) has issued a significant recall affecting 1,280 units of various models produced under its umbrella. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced the recall under the campaign number 23V537000.
The recall involves certain 2023 Freightliner, FCCC, and Thomas Built vehicles. The specific models include:
- FCCC MC 2023
- FCCC MT55G Walk in Van Chassis 2023
- FCCC S2C-106 Conventional Cab & Chassis 2023
- Freightliner M2 2023
- Thomas Built Buses SAF-T-LINER C2 2023
According to the NHTSA, the driveshafts in these vehicles can break under particular loading conditions. A broken driveshaft can separate and cause a loss of drive power, significantly increasing the risk of a crash.
DTNA is taking immediate action to rectify the issue. The company has announced that dealers will replace the affected driveshafts free of charge to the vehicle owners. The notification letters to owners are expected to be mailed starting September 30, 2023.
Owners of the affected models are advised to contact DTNA customer service at 1-800-547-0712. They should refer to DTNA’s recall number FL980 when making the call.
For additional information or to report safety concerns, owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or visit the NHTSA’s website at [www.nhtsa.gov](http://www.nhtsa.gov).
The recall is a proactive measure to ensure the safety and satisfaction of vehicle owners. While no accidents or injuries related to the defect have been reported, DTNA is taking the matter seriously to prevent potential incidents in the future. Owners are encouraged to respond to the recall notice promptly and cooperate with their local dealers to ensure that their vehicles are serviced and made compliant with safety standards.
If you or someone you know has been injured due to the defective driveshaft in one of the affected Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) vehicles, it’s essential to take the right steps to protect your rights and well-being. Here is a step-by-step guide on what to do:
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: If you are injured, your first priority should be to get medical help. Call emergency services or have someone take you to the hospital. Even if the injury appears minor, it’s crucial to have a medical professional assess your condition.
- Document the Incident: Make a note of everything that happened before, during, and after the accident. If possible, take photos of the vehicle, the driveshaft, and the scene of the accident. Gather contact information from any witnesses.
- Report the Accident to Authorities: File an accident report with the local police department, providing them with all the details of the incident.
- Notify the Vehicle Manufacturer and Dealer: Contact DTNA’s customer service at 1-800-547-0712 and inform them about the accident and injuries. You should also contact the dealership where you purchased or serviced the vehicle.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurance company about the accident. Provide them with all the necessary details but be mindful of making any statements that might inadvertently accept fault.
- Preserve Evidence: Do not repair the vehicle until it has been examined by experts. The driveshaft and any other affected parts may be critical evidence in your case.
- Consult with a Personal Injury Attorney: Consider hiring a lawyer who specializes in product liability or personal injury cases. An experienced attorney can guide you through the legal process, help you gather evidence, and represent you in negotiations with insurance companies or in court.
- Keep Records: Maintain all medical records, repair bills, correspondence with the manufacturer and insurance company, and any other documentation related to the incident and your injuries.
- Comply with Deadlines: Be aware of legal time limits for filing a lawsuit, known as statutes of limitations. These deadlines vary by jurisdiction, so consult with your attorney to ensure you file within the required timeframe.
- Consider Joining a Class Action: If multiple people have been injured due to the same defect, there might be a class action lawsuit. Speak with your attorney to explore this option.
- Avoid Public Statements: Refrain from discussing the accident publicly or posting details on social media, as these statements might be used against you.
- Consider Emotional Support: Accidents can be traumatic. Seek counseling if you experience emotional distress.
- Monitor the Recall: Stay informed about the recall, as new information may emerge that could be relevant to your case.
If you have been injured due to the defective driveshaft in one of the recalled DTNA vehicles, it’s essential to act promptly and follow these steps. An experienced personal injury attorney can guide you through this complex process, ensuring that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you may be entitled to for your injuries and damages.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Parker Waichman LLP helps families recover monetary compensation for harm caused by dangerous products like this defective product. For your free consultation, contact our national product liability law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation