Peloton has issued a recall for 2.2 million of their original bikes as the seat post might snap while in use, as stated in a company filing with the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The recall notice urges customers to “cease using the recalled exercise bikes immediately.”
To date, the luxury exercise equipment manufacturer has been notified of 35 incidents where the seat post broke and separated during rides, according to the CPSC. Among these, 13 resulted in injuries such as a broken wrist, cuts, and bruises from falls off the bike due to the defective component.
The recall pertains to model PL01. These bikes are 4-ft. in length and 2-ft. in width, featuring adjustable seats, handlebars, and screens that tilt up and down to suit various rider heights. The CBSC notice reveals that the model number can be located inside the bike’s front fork, near the flywheel, which is the sizable metal disc that rotates during use.
The recalled bikes, priced at approximately $1,400, were sold on Onepeloton.com, Amazon.com, and via Dick’s Sporting Goods stores and website.
This is not Peloton’s first recall. The company previously recalled 27,000 first-generation bikes due to pedals that could break and injure riders’ legs. In 2021, it recalled about 126,000 Tread and Tread+ treadmills after numerous children sustained injuries and one child died after being trapped beneath the treadmill’s rear.
Seemingly, Peloton might be learning from its past recalls by cooperating more closely with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and reacting more swiftly to previous product safety concerns, like its treadmill recall,” commented recall expert Kaitiln Wowak, an associate professor of IT, analytics, and operations at the University of Notre Dame’s Mendoza College of Business.
However, she also noted, “Peloton’s multiple product safety issues — particularly those linked to reports of severe injuries — could significantly damage consumer trust in their products going forward.”
Peloton’s stock took a hit after the recall announcement, dropping almost 8% to $6.93 in early morning trading.
Peloton is providing customers with a free repair service or a complimentary seat post for self-installation. For additional information, consumers can call Peloton or visit https://support.onepeloton.com/hc/en-us/articles/360060446032-Peloton-Recalls-Tread-And-Tread-Full-Details-Here or www.onepeloton.com and click on “Product Recalls” at the bottom of the page.
How to File a Product Liability Lawsuit
- Gather evidence: Collect all relevant information and evidence related to your product injury. This includes purchase receipts, product serial and model numbers, photographs of the defective product and injuries, and medical records documenting your injuries.
- Consult our attorneys: Seek advice from an experienced product liability attorney. They can help you understand the legal process, assess your case, and determine if you have a valid claim. An attorney can also help you identify the responsible parties, which may include manufacturers, distributors, or retailers.
- Investigate the claim: Your attorney will likely conduct a thorough investigation into your claim. This may involve gathering additional evidence, interviewing witnesses, and consulting with experts to build a strong case.
- Draft and file a complaint: If your attorney determines you have a valid claim, they will draft a formal legal complaint outlining the specifics of your case, including the parties involved, the product’s defect, and the damages you seek. The complaint will be filed with the appropriate court, and the defendant(s) will be served with a copy.
- Engage in pre-trial discovery: Both sides will participate in the discovery process, which involves exchanging evidence, deposing witnesses, and obtaining expert testimony. This process can help both parties understand the strength of their case and may lead to settlement negotiations.
- Settlement negotiations: Before going to trial, both parties may engage in settlement negotiations to try to resolve the case. If a settlement is reached, the lawsuit will be resolved without going to trial, and you will receive compensation based on the agreed-upon terms.
- Trial: If a settlement cannot be reached, your case will proceed to trial. During the trial, your attorney will present evidence and argue your case in front of a judge or jury. The judge or jury will then decide the outcome of the case and determine if you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Keep in mind that product liability laws and the process for filing a lawsuit can vary by jurisdiction. It is crucial to consult with an experienced attorney who can guide you through the legal process and ensure your rights are protected.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
At Parker Waichman, LLP, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that product injuries have on individuals and families. Our compassionate product injury attorneys are committed to providing personalized attention, effective representation, and the highest level of legal expertise to ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your case.
Don’t wait any longer to take control of your future and seek justice for your defective product injuries. Contact the experienced attorneys at Parker Waichman, LLP, today for a free consultation and case evaluation. Call our toll-free number at 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529) and let us help you get the compensation you deserve. Your path to recovery starts now.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation