The Most Common Types of Auto Accident-Related Ear Injuries
Several kinds of ear injuries can occur during a vehicle accident in New York. Any hearing complications after a car crash should be addressed by a doctor as soon as possible.
Hearing and ear injuries that can happen in a New York vehicle collision include:
- Tinnitus – Tinnitus is a condition in which people hear various noises in their ears that are not from external things. This is also known commonly as ringing in the ears, though other victims of New York accidents might hear different noises, like clicking or buzzing. The noises might happen on and off, or they might be present all the time.
- Auditory problems – Other auditory issues can occur from New York accidents in addition to tinnitus. A person might experience an inner ear or eardrum injury that causes abnormalities in hearing.
- Hyperacusis – Hyperacusis is an oversensitivity to sounds. After a car accident in New York, a victim might develop painful reactions to various sounds that did not use to bother them. This oversensitivity can interfere with the quality of life.
- Hearing loss – After a New York vehicle wreck, a person might experience hearing loss that is either mild or serious, affecting one or both ears. The hearing loss might be apparent right away or become apparent in the days following the wreck. Hearing loss is a serious injury that can interfere with many aspects of a person’s life.
- Balance problems – The sense of hearing is an important component of maintaining numerous functions, including balance. Hearing impairments and ear injuries can quickly cause someone to feel disoriented and like they cannot keep adequate balance.
- Pain and pressure – Any hearing or ear injuries from a New York car crash can result in pain and pressure in both the ears and the head. People might suffer from headaches, earaches, and feeling like their ears are plugged up.
Accident victims suffering from ear injuries after a car accident may be eligible for monetary compensation through a legal claim. The New york Accident Attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP fight hard for accident victims harmed in an accident caused by a negligent driver.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Were you or a loved one been burned in a motor vehicle accident? Parker Waichman LLP helps those who have suffered ear injuries receive full monetary compensation. Trust your case with our auto accident ear injury lawsuit lawyers. For a free consultation, contact our law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation