According to a news report published on hudsonvalleypost.com, one of the “deadliest roads in America,” has been identified. The news report states that the Taconic State Parkway in New York State is the 7th deadliest road in America. The Taconic State Parkway is the only road in New York to make the list. The Taconic State Parkway is a 100-mile road that starts north of New York City and ends in Chatham. The road has narrow lanes and hazardous intersections that are even more dangerous when inclement weather occurs. The news report also states that US Route 1 in Florida is the deadliest road in the United States.
The Taconic State Parkway listed as one of the most deadly roads in America is not surprising to residents of the Hudson Valley since the road has been previously identified as the most dangerous road in New York. The two-lane road is also one of the most overcrowded highways in New York and has several twists and turns that make the road extremely dangerous. Over the past three years, there have been more than 2,000 accidents on the Taconic.
There are more than 40,000 motorists dying in car accidents each year in the United States and motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death for people under 30 in the United States.
What to do after being injured in a car accident in New York?
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident in New York, there are several steps you should take:
- Check for injuries: If anyone is hurt, call 911 or the police immediately. Even if there are no visible injuries, it’s still a good idea to seek medical attention.
- Move to a safe area: If possible, move your vehicle to the side of the road to avoid causing further accidents. Turn on your hazard lights to make your car more visible.
- Exchange information: Exchange contact information with the other driver, including their name, phone number, and insurance information. Get the names and contact information of any witnesses, as well.
- Document the accident: Take photos of the damage to your car, the other car, and the surrounding area. If possible, take photos of the other driver’s license plate and driver’s license.
- File a report: In New York, you must report a traffic accident to the police if there is an injury or if the damage to one or both vehicles is over $1,000. If the police do not respond, you can file a report at a local police station or online.
- Notify your insurance company: Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the auto accident.
- Consult one of our attorneys: If you were injured in the accident, or if the other driver was uninsured, call Parker Waichman LLP to speak with an attorney.
It is very important to remain calm and avoid admitting fault for the crash, as this can affect your auto accident insurance claim.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in New York, it’s very important that you or your loved one seek legal advice to understand your rights and options. Parker Waichman LLP is a law firm that has been fighting for the rights of accident victims for more than 30 years. Our experienced motor vehicle accident attorneys are ready to help you fight for the monetary compensation that your case deserves.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. Call us today at 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529) to speak with one of our experienced attorneys.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation