Police Make Arrest Following Dongan Hills Pedestrian Accident That Left One Person Injured
STATEN ISLAND, NEW YORK – As reported online by www.silive.com, local police arrested a person in connection with a Dongan Hills pedestrian accident that injured one person.
One person suffered injuries and was hospitalized following a Dongan Hills pedestrian accident that happened mid-day near the intersection of Hylan Boulevard and Jefferson Avenue. The injured pedestrian was transported to Staten Island University Hospital in Ocean Breeze for treatment of injuries.
Additional police officers from the New York Police Department (NYPD) were stationed nearby the scene of the accident near the intersection of Jefferson Avenue and North Railroad Avenue. A man in handcuffs was seen being taken into custody as he was placed in a police car. Whether the man is currently facing criminal charges is unknown.
The Most Dangerous Areas for Pedestrians and Cyclists in New York City
Certain portions of New York City are more dangerous than others for pedestrians and cyclists. Each of the five boroughs has specific areas that present a greater risk of harm to pedestrians and cyclists than others. Pedestrians and cyclists are three times more likely to be injured or killed from being involved in an accident in the following twelve areas/neighborhoods across all boroughs:
- Fordham/University Heights – General boundaries between Aqueduct Avenue and Ryer Avenue, and from West Fordham Road to West Tremont Avenue
- Williamsburg– General boundaries between Lee Avenue and North Seventh/Metropolitan Avenue, and from Berry Street to Bushwick Avenue
- Downtown Brooklyn – General boundaries between Atlantic Avenue and Willoughby Street, and from Boerum Place to Bond Street
- Crown Heights/Bedford-Stuyvesant – General boundaries between Pacific and Fulton Streets, and from Bedford to Brooklyn Avenues
- Lower East Side/Soho/Little Italy– Near Delancey and Kenmore Streets, with general boundaries between Spring and Grand Streets, and from Broadway to Forsyth Street
- Corona– General boundaries between 35thand Roosevelt Avenues, and from 94thto 108thStreets
- Jackson Heights – General boundaries between 37thAvenue and Broadway, and from 76thStreet to 84thStreet/Whitney Avenue
- Flushing– General boundaries between College Point Avenue and Parsons Boulevard, and from 37thto Franklin Avenues
- Ridgewood– General boundaries between Woodward and Myrtle Avenues, and from Grove Street to Foster Avenue
- Jamaica– General boundaries between 89thto 90thAvenues, and from 164thStreet to 168thPlace
- STATEN ISLAND
- George/Tompkinsville– General boundaries between Jersey and Bay Streets, and from Victory Boulevard to Fort Place/Taft Avenue
- Stapleton– General boundaries between Bay and Van Duzer Streets, and from Wright to Tompkins Streets
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation
Have you or a loved one been injured in a pedestrian accident?Click To Get A Free Case Review