- John Jay College of Criminal Justice of the City University of New York (B.A., 1979)
- St. John’s University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1983).
- Co-Author: “1986 Legislative Changes in New York Tort Law: An Analysis”, New York State Bar Journal, April, 1987.
- Lecturer: Tort Law, Continuing Legal Education Program, New York City, 1986.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Mass Torts Trial Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Super Lawyers
- New York State Steering Committee for Rezulin Litigation and American Association for Justice Leader’s Forum
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee and Discovery Subcommittee – Zyprexa Multi-District Litigation No. 1596
- Steering Committee for the World Trade Center Bombing Litigation
Lieutenant, New York City Police Department, 1969-1984.
Mr. Waichman was honored on March 3, 2005 at the New York Families for Autistic Children’s Awards Ceremony with a Proclamation from the New York City Council (for outstanding service in the City and community); a Citation of Honor from the Office of the Borough President of Queens County; a Proclamation from the U.S. House of Representatives, signed by Congressman Anthony D. Weiner; and a Congressional Achievement Award (in recognition of his outstanding and invaluable service to the community) from the U.S. House of Representatives, signed by Congressman Gregory W. Meeks. Mr. Waichman also received a Citation from the New York State Assembly, signed by Assemblywomen Audrey I. Pheffer, and a Proclamation from the New York State Senate, signed by State Senator Serphin R. Maltese, for his outstanding service to the community.