In the aftermath of a vehicle accident in Brooklyn, you are likely feeling confused about whether you should file a lawsuit for your injuries. The attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP can help you decide the best course of action for you and your family, and we can help you obtain much-needed compensation. We have extensive experience litigating Brooklyn automobile accident claims, and we provide the superior representation you can count on to deliver you the best outcome possible.
Causes of Auto Accidents in Brooklyn
Automobile accidents are a grave problem in Brooklyn. According to the New York State Department of Health, auto accidents are the leading cause of injury-related deaths in Kings County, where Brooklyn is located. Sadly, most of the vehicle accidents that occur every year in Brooklyn are caused by driver negligence. Drivers engage in risky or dangerous behavior behind the wheel and place others at extreme risk for injury.
Most commonly, Brooklyn accidents are caused by the following types of dangerous driver conduct:
- Speeding or driving more than posted speed limits
- Reckless driving, such as changing lanes without looking
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving, such as reading emails or sending texts while driving
- Fatigued driving or driving while extremely drowsy
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Failure to obey or observe traffic laws/signals
Drunk driving and distracted driving are among the highest causes for Brooklyn auto accidents, and drunk driving accidents tend to result in the most serious injuries. Anytime drivers are behind the wheel impaired or taking their eyes away from the road to use their cell phones; they are in jeopardy of causing a severe accident with the potential to kill other drivers and passengers.
Parker Waichman fights for the rights of accident victims and the rights of family members left behind. Contact our firm today to discuss your potential claim and schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled attorneys.
Brooklyn Auto Accident Injuries
According to recent data from the New York State Department of Health, every week in Brooklyn and Kings County, approximately seven people die in traffic-related crashes. Also, almost 50 people are hospitalized, and nearly 700 people are treated every week in emergency departments for automobile accident injuries in Brooklyn and Kings County.
The types of injuries that can occur from auto accidents in Brooklyn include:
- Bruises and abrasions
- Broken or dislocated bones/joints
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal bleeding
Our attorneys understand how significantly these injuries have affected your and your family’s lives, and we will pursue all possible compensation to help ease the stresses placed upon you. We have a simple case intake process that we can start with just one phone call.
Brooklyn Auto Accident Claims Process
We recognize you are dealing with enough, and you do not need to worry about initiating complicated lawsuit procedures. That’s why at Parker Waichman, we strive to keep things as easy and worry-free for our clients as possible. Our case intake process involves only a few simple steps:
- Your initial phone call or email. When you call our firm or fill out our online form, you have already started your claims process. You will be able to quickly connect with a member of our team to provide preliminary information about your Brooklyn accident claim.
- Follow-up/Review with an attorney. After your initial call with Parker Waichman LLP, you will be able to follow up with one of our experienced Brooklyn accident lawyers, who will review the facts of your claim and provide you with options for moving forward. Our attorneys are extremely thorough because we want to make sure all your questions are answered, and you feel confident about your case.
- Sign-up paperwork. If we can move ahead with your claim, you will then complete sign-up paperwork to allow us to begin your case investigation. This will include a contract and medical authorization, so we can obtain medical records from the treatment you received for your accident injuries. We will explain all of this paperwork in detail to make sure you understand the scope of our representation and the records we will order on your behalf.
From here, our attorneys will undertake a full investigation of your potential claims to be able to present you with a strategy for your case. This will include performing all of the following tasks on your behalf:
- Creating a summary of the accident from your perspective and/or any family members;
- Identifying and (if possible) speaking to any witnesses to the accident;
- Obtaining police reports and accident reports from the accident;
- Obtaining film or photos from any nearby businesses that might show the accident;
- Gathering film or photos of the accident, any injuries, or vehicle damage from you or any witnesses;
- Contacting insurance carriers;
- Determining the applicability of New York’s No-Fault Law to your claims;
- Ordering medical records from the treatment you received for your accident injuries;
- Consulting with experts regarding the strengths and weaknesses of your claims.
Parker Waichman knows what work is required to build a strong vehicle accident case in Brooklyn, and we can put all of our knowledge and experience into your case. In potentially complex litigation like this, you need the best representation on your side. Contact our firm today to begin learning about your potential for a successful outcome in your accident claims.
Contact Parker Waichman LLP for Your Accident Injury Case Evaluation
Our experienced attorneys are offering free consultations on Brooklyn auto accident cases, and we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible. Because of statutes of limitations in place in the state of New York, time could be running on your ability to file a lawsuit. Call our firm today to make sure your rights are protected.
If you were or your loved one has been hurt in a car accident in Brooklyn, contact Parker Waichman LLP today for a free consultation by filling out our online form or by calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation
Have you or a loved one been hurt in a car accident in Brooklyn?Click To Get A Free Case Review