ALERTEC is indicated for the treatment of people that suffer from excessive sleepiness due to the following medical issues:
- People who suffer from this condition experience sudden sleep attacks that are uncontrollable.
- Obstructive sleep apnea. Individuals who suffer from this condition experience breathing issues while sleeping.
- Shift work disorder. People with this condition have strong feelings of sleepiness when they work during normal periods of sleep.
According to research, ALERTEC may cause harm to a fetus.
Women who are pregnant should not use ALERTEC. Hormonal birth control methods may not be as effective with those who take ALERTEC. Women should take a pregnancy test within a week of starting to take ALERTEC. Patients should discuss the risks of taking ALERTEC with their healthcare professional. Patients should also let their professional know if they experience any adverse reactions from ALERTEC.
ALERTEC is not to be taken by women who are pregnant or may become pregnant. It is critical that those who take ALERTEC are aware of the potential side associated with the drug.
Serious, Adverse Birth Defect Side Effects Linked to ALERTEC (Modafinil)
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Cardiac Anomalies
- Developmental Toxicity
- Fetal Congenital Malformations
- Fetal Development Damage
- Low Fetal Growth
- Intrauterine Growth Restriction and Spontaneous Abortion
- Major Fetal Congenital Malformations
- Serious Skin Conditions – Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN)
Female patients should be advised about the risks of taking ALERTEC during pregnancy. Women should be instructed to use birth control when taking ALERTEC due to the risk of birth defects. Women should also be instructed to use contraceptives for two months after using ALERTEC.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR YOUR FREE ALERTEC CASE REVIEW
If your baby suffered fetal development problems due to the dangerous side effects of Alertec, protect your legal right to receive justice and full monetary compensation. Parker Waichman LLP has an established reputation for results. If you or a loved one took Alertec and suffered a miscarriage or the baby tragically suffered a severe side effect, contact our law firm today for your free legal consultation by calling 1-800-YOURLAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
Have you taken Alertec (modafinil) and you lost your baby or your baby suffered fetal developmental damage?Click To Get A Free Case Review