USA- According to 13newsnow.com, the cereal coated in liquid nitrogen, which is referred to as “Dragon’s Breath,” should be avoided. The snack is a sweet cereal that is covered with liquid nitrogen. When people consume the cereal, they look as though they are breathing smoke, which is where the product got its name.
Dragon’s breath is predominantly sold in malls at kiosks. They have become a popular snack for people at malls, but the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is saying that people should not be consuming anything that contained liquid nitrogen. Brand names for the product include Heaven’s Breath, Nitro Puff, and Dragon’s Breath.
Reports have surfaced of people suffering health problems after eating Dragon’s Breath. One man has filed a lawsuit after he suffered severe pain after consuming Dragon’s Breath and says that “his mouth filled with blood.” According to the lawsuit, the reaction was a result of food burn. Another report states that a boy suffered a major asthma attack after eating the product, and that Dragon’s Breath triggered the attack.
A 14-year-old girl tried the snack and severely injured her finger. At an emergency room, she had to have the dead skin removed. She was told she could have lost her thumb.
Liquid nitrogen is dangerous to the touch because it can burn the skin. If inhaled, it can lead to fatal asphyxiation when it is inhaled, and it can cause eyesight damage if it has contact with a person’s eyes.
While the practice of coating food in liquid nitrogen started with fine dining, and there were no reported issues, the difference might have to do with the different clientele. At the mall, the consumers of the snacks are often teens and children who may not exercise as much caution as adults at a fine dining restaurant.
Have you suffered from a serious injury caused by food coated with Dragon’s Breath?Click To Get A Free Case Review