UNITED STATES – As reported in an online news article published by itresearchbrief.com, the FDA has issued warning letters to e-cigarette manufacturers, demanding the recall of 44 e-cigarette products for failure to have mandatory marketing authorizations.
The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently sent warning letters to 4 e-cigarette manufacturers demanding that they recall a total of 44 e-cigarette products that are being sold illegally in violation of FDA rules and regulations. Specifically, these companies did not obtain the mandatory marketing authorization that would give them the green light to sell their products.
The FDA is cracking down on the e-cigarette industry as teenagers and young adults are becoming addicted to e-cigarettes, also known as vape pens and hookahs. Currently, the FDA does not have specific regulations to address the e-cigarette epidemic and is working to establish a framework for all e-cigarette manufacturers to follow. The recent warning letters are one step to crack down on the illegal marketing and sale of e-cigarettes.
Specific Tobacco Products Subject to the FDA’s Warning Letters
According to an FDA news release, the FDA sent warning letters to 4 manufacturers demanding they immediately issue a recall of the following tobacco products that are purportedly being sold illegally:
- Manufacturer: Mighty Vapors LLC d/b/a Ovo Manufacturing & Distribution
- Products Subject to Recall: Hulk Tears NicSalts, Frozen Hulk Tears NicSalts, Majestic Mango NicSalts, Frozen Majestic Mango NicSalts, Mystery Pop NicSalts, and Frozen Mystery Pop NicSalts
- Manufacturer: Liquid Labs USA LLC d/b/a Likido Labs USA
- Products Subject to Recall:Vape SZNS Salty SZN Pom Berry Salts, Vape SZNS Salty SZN Kapital Grape Salts, and Vape SZNS Salty SZN Neon Sours Salts
- Manufacturer: V8P Juice International LLC
- Products Subject to Recall:V8P Saltz Blonde Bombshell, V8P Saltz Mami Merengue, V8P Saltz Port Master, V8P Saltz Last Samurai, V8P Saltz Cowboy Killer, and V8P Saltz Caribbean Don
- Manufacturer: Hookah Imports, Inc.
- Products Subject to Recall:ROR Tobacco products including flavors such as Yummy Gummy, Sexy Senorita and Raspberry Lemonade
Given the FDA is in the early stages of establishing rules and regulations for the e-cigarette industry, future warning letters could be coming for other manufacturers that may be illegally marketing and selling electronic tobacco products.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation
Have you or a loved one suffered harm due to e-cigarettes?Click To Get A Free Case Review