Hiring an attorney is an important decision and one you want to make upon careful evaluation of potential firms. Parker Waichman LLP understands you have many options for representation following a car accident in Brooklyn, and we want to help you make sure you hire the right attorneys for your individual claims. Below you will find qualities you should look for in a lawyer and questions you might find helpful during your consultations with potential lawyers.
What to Look for in an Brooklyn Auto Accident Attorney
The firm you select should have several fundamental characteristics that demonstrate it can manage your claims successfully. Some key characteristics you should look for in reviewing potential attorneys are:
Experience – Make sure the firm and attorneys you hire have experience in both car accident litigation and Brooklyn cases. It’s extremely important that you hire people who know what they’re doing.
Results – You want to hire lawyers who have proven results, particularly results in car accident cases. This is one of the positive ways to understand if your firm has the capability to obtain a favorable outcome in your case.
Client Service – Client service is one of the most important aspects of an attorney-client relationship. If you have lawyers who care about you and make you a priority, you are far more likely to be happy with your representation. Review online testimonials for firms, and ask around if you know people who have worked with the attorneys.
If a firm and its attorneys have these three characteristics, you are certainly on the right track for finding quality legal representation. If you’re not comfortable with any information you learn about a firm, you are likely better off looking for other representation. There is too much at risk for you to work with lawyers you do not completely trust to litigate your claims.
Questions to Ask Potential Attorneys
When you are considering potential firms for your Brooklyn car accident case, it is always extremely helpful to schedule consultations with some of the lawyers. You will learn the most information if you schedule these for in-person meetings, and it will tell you something about the firm if the lawyers do not have time to meet with you in person.
A consultation is a time for you to share some information about your case with a lawyer and to find out more about the firm so that both the lawyer and the client can make decisions about whether to move forward with a contract. During your consultation, ask a range of questions to understand the firm’s practices and suitability for your own case. A few examples of quality questions to ask are:
- Does the firm have a lot of experience with car accident cases?
- What results do you typically achieve in car accident cases?
- Do you take a lot of cases in Brooklyn?
- If I sign with this firm, who will be working on my case?
- What other types of cases does the firm manage?
- How do I receive updates on my case if I sign with your firm?
- Do you use contingency fee contracts?
- What percentage of attorneys’ fees will you take?
- Do the firm’s expenses come out of my share or off the top of any total award?
- Do you have any preliminary opinions about my case?
You should feel at ease in asking all of these questions and should feel like you have had enough time with the attorney to share what you needed to about your case. If you feel like the attorney or staff at the firm were trying to pressure you to sign up your case or were being evasive with your questions, you should consider selecting a different firm. Remember, when you hire a firm to represent you, the attorneys work for you. You should feel like your case matters and like you can rely on your lawyers to give you accurate information.
Parker Waichman LLP Securing Results for Brooklyn Accident Victims
In our longstanding car accident practice, we have secured outstanding results for families who desperately needed them. We work aggressively to achieve outcomes that make a lasting difference in the lives of injured people, and we have forged relationships with our clients that extend well beyond the end of litigation. People who hire Parker Waichman LLP come back to us for all their legal needs because they know we will always treat them with respect and will fight for their rights to appropriate compensation.
Included in our recent vehicle accident outcomes are the following tremendous results:
- $10 million settlement for a family of four, all of whom sustained severe injuries when their minivan crashed into a tractor-trailer that was overturned and blocking several lanes of traffic. **This is reported to be one of the largest settlements in the history of New York state litigation, with the eventual payout anticipated to reach $76 million.**
- $4.35 million settlement for a car accident victim who required several spinal surgeries following the crash.
- $4 million settlement for a taxicab driver who was struck by a car and severely injured while he was opening a door on his cab.
- $3.1 million settlement for a driver who slid off a snowy road and was struck by another vehicle while he was outside his car.
- $2.5 million settlement for a school bus driver who suffered serious injuries when her bus was rear-ended by a car.
By hiring Parker Waichman LLP for your car accident claim, you can feel confident you are represented by experienced litigators who know the law and know how to deliver the resolution you deserve. We are always willing to discuss potential Brooklyn cases during a free, in-person consultation. Contact our firm today to meet with a dedicated Parker Waichman LLP car accident attorney.
Contact Parker Waichman LLP for Your Free Brooklyn Accident Injury Consultation
If you have sustained injuries in a traffic accident in Brooklyn, contact Parker Waichman LLP today by using our Live Chat, or filling out our online form or by calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation
Have you or someone you love suffered injuries from a car accident in Brooklyn?Click To Get A Free Case Review