A head-on crash is one of the most dangerous types of traffic accidents. These accidents are especially dangerous because of the sheer amount of force involved—when two traveling cars collide with each other, the force is much greater than if one moving vehicle hit another stopped car. Accident victims who are injured in head-on collisions may be entitled to damages.
Head-on collisions, according to statistics, comprise less than 2 percent of all motor vehicle accidents—but they make up approximately 10 percent of all motor vehicle accident fatalities.
Head-on collisions may occur in several different situations, including:
- A driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- A driver is texting while driving
- A driver is traveling too fast in poor weather and loses control of the car
- A driver fails to pay attention to traffic signals or traffic signs
All of these situations are examples of negligence. Accident victims who are injured in these types of accidents are generally entitled to damages in a Florida personal injury claim.
Damages may include:
- Medical expenses, such as ambulance bills, emergency room bills, surgical bills, and other related expenses
- Lost wages and lost employment benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- If a death has occurred in the accident, surviving family members may be able to claim funeral and burial bills, as well as the estimated value of the deceased’s future earnings
It is important to consult with a Florida head-on accident attorney as soon as possible after being involved in an accident. The sooner an accident attorney is able to begin working on your claim, the more favorable the outcome of the case should be. In addition, there are deadlines that limit how long claimants have to file an accident claim in Florida.
Contact Parker Waichman LLP For Your Free Accident Injury Case Review
The head-on collision lawyers with Parker Waichman LLP will aggressively pursue financial compensation for you and your family after your accident. Contact Parker Waichman LLP today at 1-800-YOURLAWYER (1-800-968-7529) to schedule a free, no obligation consultation.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation
Have you or a loved one been harmed in a head-on collision?Click To Get A Free Case Review