UNITED STATES – According to online news articles published by www.cincinnati.com and www.macon.com, and according to an FDA public health statement, Elevation Foods has issued a recall of certain sandwiches and salads sold at Target and The Fresh Market for possible listeria contamination.
Elevation Foods manufactures and sells certain foods sold at Target and The Fresh Market stores nationwide. A recent recall notice identifies foods that may have been contaminated with listeria, potentially dangerous bacteria. Elevation Foods issued the recall after learning that three containers of egg salad tested by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services tested positive for listeria. The food manufacturer is continuing to investigate the matter.
Specific Foods Subject to Widespread Recall
The following foods sold at Target and The Fresh Market stores nationwide that are subject to the recent recall issued by Elevation Foods include the following:
- Archer Farms Egg Salad – Lot Number: W1906042A; Expiration Date: August 12, 2019; UPC: 085239018682.
- Freskët Egg Salad – Lot Number: W1906042; Expiration Date: August 12, 2019.
- Freskët Tuna Salad – Lot Number: W1906054; Expiration Date: August 12, 2019.
- Freskët Thai Lobster Salad – Lot Number: W1906041; Expiration Date: August 12, 2019.
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich Half Sandwich with Bacon – UPC: 220505000002.
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich on Multigrain – UPC: 498780203566.
Elevation Foods states that less than 1,087 containers of affected food were sent to retailers nationwide.
Consequences of Listeria Contamination
While no illnesses linked to certain sandwiches and salads sold at Target and The Fresh Market stores have been reported, the risk of being exposed to listeria monocytogenes can be very serious, especially for certain groups of individuals. Healthy individuals exposed to listeria may experience symptoms that include, among others, high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
Individuals who fall into certain groups, such as young children, the elderly, and other individuals who are frail or have weakened immune systems, are at risk of developing serious and potentially fatal infections following exposure to listeria. Additionally, Listeria infection can cause women to experience miscarriages and stillbirths.
Have you or a loved one been harmed by a Listeria contaminated product?Click To Get A Free Case Review