Thousands of Patients in New York City, Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester Counties Received Defective Exactech Knee or Hip Replacements
Exactech lawsuits are product liability claims asking that Exactech pay compensation to those injured by the company’s defective knee, ankle and hip implants. In 2021 and 2022, Exactech recalled its Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Knee and Ankle Polyethylene Inserts manufactured between 2004 and August 2021 because product packaging was not up to specifications. Truliant knee, Optetrak knee and Vantage ankle devices used these inserts.
“The defective bags were missing one of the oxygen barrier layers that protect devices from oxidation, a chemical reaction with oxygen that can degrade plastics over time. Oxidation can lead to accelerated device wear/failure, and component cracking or fracture, all leading to corrective revision surgery,” according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s March 23, 2023, safety communication.
In June 2021, Exactech recalled some GXL liners used in MCS, Acumatch and Novation hip implants because of premature and excessive wear. However, the company didn’t provide a reason for the wear problems. In August 2022, the company expanded its original recall to include all devices with plastic components packaged in defective bags.
If you believe you have suffered adverse effects from Elmiron, don’t wait to seek legal guidance. Contact the experienced national product liability law firm of Parker Waichman LLP. Our attorneys are currently reviewing cases like yours across the United States for potential lawsuits. Take advantage of our experience and receive your free consultation today by calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
The Lawsuit Process and Why Plaintiffs Need an Attorney
The following information outlines the crucial role attorneys play in navigating the complexities of the legal system for their clients. This process typically involves several key stages:
- Case Evaluation: Here, an attorney assesses the merits of the case. Expert legal advice is vital to determine if the claim is viable, based on the facts and applicable law.
- Pre-Litigation: This phase involves gathering evidence, managing medical-legal issues, and handling communications, often with opposing parties. An attorney’s expertise is crucial here to build a strong foundation for the case.
- Filing the Lawsuit: Drafting and filing a legal complaint requires intricate knowledge of legal procedures and jurisdictional requirements. Attorneys ensure that all legal standards are met.
- Discovery: This is the process of exchanging information between parties. Attorneys play a key role in uncovering evidence, taking depositions, and formulating strategies based on the gathered information.
- Filing of Motions: Attorneys manage legal arguments and various court procedures, addressing issues like the admissibility of evidence or requests for case dismissal.
- Settlement Negotiations: Many cases are resolved through settlements. Skilled attorneys negotiate with the opposing party to seek fair compensation without the need for a trial.
- Trial: If a settlement is not reached, the case goes to trial. Here, attorneys are essential for presenting the case effectively, including arguing in court, examining witnesses, and persuading the jury.
- Verdict: After the trial, attorneys help interpret the verdict and its implications for the client.
- Appeal: If there are grounds for appealing the decision, attorneys can file and argue appeals, challenging legal errors in the original trial.
Throughout these stages, an attorney’s guidance is invaluable. We not only offer just legal advice but also support and advocacy, helping clients navigate a system that can be daunting and complex. Our firm is instrumental in ensuring that the rights of the plaintiffs are protected and that they have the best possible chance of a favorable outcome.
If you believe you have suffered adverse effects from Elmiron, don’t wait to seek legal guidance. Contact the experienced national product liability law firm of Parker Waichman LLP. They are currently reviewing cases like yours across the United States for potential lawsuits. Take advantage of their expertise and receive your free consultation. It’s your opportunity to discuss your case with a team that understands and is ready to fight for your rights. Call now and take the first step towards seeking the justice you deserve.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Regardless of your location or where your injury occurred, our nationwide personal injury law firm is ready to assist you. Parker Waichman LLP helps families recover monetary compensation for harm caused by dangerous products. For your free consultation, contact our national product liability law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation