The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warned on Thursday about the serious danger associated with fire extinguisher balls sold on Amazon, which they plan to recall.
The CPSC reported that the use of fire extinguisher balls from brands such as LVYXON, TATTCHINE, ARMYJY, PETSTIBLE, HelloPharma, Vixuiyz, and JHEUAYK, all sold on Amazon.com, might fail to extinguish fires, potentially leading to significant harm or even fatality.
Furthermore, these products lack crucial safety features like a pressure gauge or indicator, a locking mechanism to prevent accidental discharge, a self-sealing valve for stopping and starting discharge, and a nozzle to direct the spray, according to the federal agency’s statement.
What exactly is a fire extinguisher ball?
These safety devices, spherical in shape, self-activate after being exposed to fire for three to five seconds. Firetech Global, a manufacturer of fire safety products, explains this.
According to the Australian company’s website, they release harmless fire-quenching chemicals capable of dousing flames within a three-cubic meter radius.
The CPSC is set to recall Amazon-sold fire extinguisher balls due to serious safety concerns.
What do these recalled items look like?
The fire extinguisher balls that are being recalled are composed of red plastic, with diameters between 4 and 7 inches and weighs between 1 and 3 pounds.
According to the CPSC, the products also come with a stand that can be wall-mounted.
Typically, these items are labeled with orange and red text reading “Fire Extinguisher Ball and XRT Auto Fire Off or AFO Auto Fire Off.”
The U.S. government pushes ARC for product recall: Federal authorities increase pressure on ARC Automotive to recall 67 million airbag inflators.
Which fire extinguisher balls are implicated in the recall?
The affected fire extinguisher balls were retailing on Amazon.com for prices between $25 and $120, with each brand associated with specific ASINs: LVYXON, TATTCHINE, ARMYJY, PETSTIBLE, HelloPharma, Vixuiyz, and JHEUAYK all have their unique identifiers.
What should I do with them?
The CPSC advises against purchasing or selling the recalled fire extinguisher balls. Users should immediately cease their use and dispose of them at a local fire station or a hazardous waste facility. For additional information, visit CPSC.gov.
How Do I File a Claim?
Filing a personal injury or wrongful death claim through Parker Waichman LLP involves the following steps:
- Initial Consultation: You can start by contacting Parker Waichman LLP either by phone or through their website to arrange for an initial free consultation. In this consultation, you will discuss the details of your case with a legal professional who will guide you on the viability of your claim and the best way to proceed.
- Case Evaluation: After the initial consultation, the law firm will evaluate your case. This includes reviewing all relevant documents, medical reports, police reports, and any other evidence related to your claim. The attorneys may also consult with experts to establish the extent of your injuries and the culpability of the party at fault.
- Filing the Lawsuit: If your case has merit, Parker Waichman LLP will prepare and file the necessary legal documents to initiate your personal injury or wrongful death claim. This process involves drafting a complaint outlining the details of the case, the damages you’ve incurred, and why the defendant is responsible.
- Discovery: In the discovery phase, both sides will gather more detailed information about the case. This could include depositions, interrogatories, and document requests. The attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP will work to gather compelling evidence to strengthen your case.
- Negotiation: Your attorney will negotiate with the defendant’s legal representation, aiming for a settlement that fully compensates you for your injuries or loss. They will utilize their skills and experience to negotiate the best possible outcome for you.
- Trial: If a satisfactory settlement cannot be reached, your case may go to trial. At trial, your attorney will present your case to a jury, who will make the final decision on the outcome of your case. Parker Waichman LLP attorneys are experienced trial lawyers who will advocate aggressively on your behalf.
- Settlement or Award: If your case is successful, you will receive a settlement or award to compensate for your injuries, lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages related to your case.
Remember to keep all relevant documents and evidence related to your case, as these will be important during the legal process. Always consult with your attorney before making any decisions related to your claim.
This is a simplified outline of the process. Each case is unique and may require additional steps or procedures depending on the specifics of your case. Always consult with a legal professional for advice tailored to your situation.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Was your child tragically injured or killed due to a fire extinguisher ball? Parker Waichman LLP helps families recover monetary compensation for harm caused by a fire extinguisher ball. For your free consultation, contact our law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation