According to an announcement published on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website on May 13, 2022, Mars Wrigley Confectionery has recalled Skittles gummies, Starburst gummies, and Life Saver gummies because they might contain metal strands. The candies were made by a third party and sold throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
According to their May 13, 2022 press release, Mars Wrigley Confectionery US issued a voluntary recall after it received complaints from consumers about a thin metal strand, either embedded in the gummies or loose in the bag. The company has advised that anyone who thinks they have recalled candy should throw it away, not eat it.
The recalled products include:
- Starburst Gummies Original Share Size (3.5 ounces)
- Starburst Gummies Original Peg Pack (5.8 ounces)
- Starburst Gummies Sours Share Size (3.5 ounces)
- Starburst Gummies Sour Berries Peg Pack (5.8 ounces)
- Starburst Gummies Sours Peg Pack (5.8 ounces)
- Life Savers Gummies Five Flavor Peg Pack (7.0 ounces and 3.22 ounces)
- Life Savers Wild Berries Gummies Peg Pack (7.0 ounces)
- Life Savers Sour Gummies Peg Pack (7.0 ounces and 180 grams)
- Skittles Gummies Original Peg Pack (5.8 ounces and 2.93 ounces)
- Skittles Gummies Original Stand Up Pouch (12 ounces)
- Skittles Wild Berry Gummies Peg Pack (5.8 ounces and 2.93 ounces)
- Skittles Gummies Wild Berry Stand Up Pouch (12 ounces)
- Skittles Sour Gummies Peg Pack (5.8 ounces)
Mars Wrigley has published a list of products subject to recall. A 10-digit manufacturing code on the back of the package indicates whether a product is implicated.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Did you or a loved one suffer harm due to a recalled Mars Wrigley Confectionery candy product? Parker Waichman LLP helps those who have suffered injuries after using products receive full monetary compensation. Trust your case with our product liability lawsuit lawyers. For a free consultation, contact our law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation