- Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds. Special care should be taken when returning from a public place or after coughing. Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if washing your hands is not possible.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid coming in contact with people who are sick or may be sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces in your home that are frequently touched, like doorknobs, light switches, phones, and countertops.
- Working from home if possible
- Moving school and college classes online
- Postponing meetings, events, and conferences
- Staying home and avoiding public places as much as possible