Suffolk County Car Accident Lawyers
The experienced attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP litigate Suffolk County car accident cases on behalf of injured people and their families. Car accidents occur frequently in the county and cause extensive injury to the people involved. According to recent data compiled by the New York State Department of Health, every week in Suffolk County:
- Approximately 2 people die as a result of traffic-related crashes
- Approximately 20 people are hospitalized because of automobile accident injuries
- Approximately 240 people are treated in an emergency department for injuries from automobile crashes
One reason for the large number of accidents and accident injuries in Suffolk County is the presence of several dangerous roads and intersections in the county. As a resident or visitor of the county, you are probably familiar with some of the more accident-prone areas. Reports show that the following roads and intersections in Suffolk County see the highest number of accidents each year:
- Route 1
- Route 25
- Route 27
- Route 110
- Walt Whitman Road
- Jericho Turnpike
- Middle Country Road
- Sunrise Highway
- County Road 39
- Intersection of Route 112 and Horseblock Road
- Intersection of County Road 101 and Harrison Avenue
- Intersection of Granny Road and North Ocean Avenue
These roads and intersections have more accidents because of factors like speed, visibility (poor lighting, sight obstructions), engineering (twists and turns, narrow roads), and traffic volume. Among them, Jericho Turnpike and Route 25 are considered highly dangerous. They are the sites of the most crashes in the county each year and regularly are featured in reports about the most dangerous roads in New York state. Also, Route 110 tends to have the highest number of fatality accidents in Suffolk County.
If you have been involved in an injury car accident on one of these roads, or anywhere in Suffolk County, our attorneys can review your potential case to help you determine your options for legal recourse. Contact Parker Waichman LLP today for your free accident consultation with one of our experienced accident lawyers.
Suffolk County Car Accident Injuries
Accidents in Suffolk County can lead to severe injuries. Many victims will require ongoing and costly medical treatment, which places a significant burden on them and their families. At Parker Waichman LLP, we have advocated for compensation on behalf of people who have sustained the following types of accident injuries in Suffolk County:
- Bruises and abrasions – Many aspects of a car accident can lead to bruises and abrasions. From seatbelts to deployed airbags, people involved in car accidents can suffer significant lacerations and bruising. These will ordinarily heal with time and proper medical care.
- Broken or dislocated bones/joints – When people are jostled in a car accident, they can experience tremendous force on their bones, breaking legs, arms, and ribs or dislocating various joints. Breaks and dislocations usually will heal, but medical expenses can be large to treat them. Dislocations can also make a person vulnerable to repeat problems with those joints.
- Burns – Sometimes a car will ignite or crash into another car or object that causes an explosion. People trapped inside a car that is on fire will often experience extreme burns ranging from first- to third-degree. Burns will usually involve intensive and extremely painful treatment and can result in permanent disfigurement.
- Head trauma – The force of a car accident can cause people to bang their heads against windows, steering wheels, car seats, and car doors. If people are ejected from the vehicles, they can also experience significant head trauma. This can involve concussions, skull damage, and brain injury with lifelong effects.
- Neck injury – A forceful crash will often cause occupants to experience whiplash or injury to their necks. People might feel severe pain and later have accompanying symptoms, such as lost range of motion, dizziness, fatigue, and blurred vision. Whiplash can be adequately treated but does require immediate medical attention.
- Spinal cord injury – In certain types of serious accidents, people can suffer injuries to their spinal cords, particularly if pinned inside the vehicle. Spinal cord injuries can have life-altering effects, like paralysis of the full body or lower limbs. Victims of these injuries will endure longstanding pain and suffering, as well as ongoing medical expenses.
- Internal bleeding – Forceful blows and broken bones in a car accident can lead to internal bleeding and organ damage. These conditions can quickly become severe and life-threatening because they are not always easy to detect. People with internal bleeding need immediate medical attention.
- Death – The most serious car accident cases we litigate involve the death of victims. Family members in these cases are devastated and often left with financial expenses they do not know how to pay.
Our attorneys understand how enormously your injuries have affected your life, and we want to help you recapture the sense of stability you lost in your accident. We will fight for your legal rights and work to secure the compensation you deserve. Contact Parker Waichman LLP today to schedule a no-risk consultation with a dedicated Suffolk County attorney.
Contact Parker Waichman LLP
The attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP offer free consultations on all car accident cases and perform thorough case investigations with zero money up front from clients. We know you’re already dealing with financial pressure because of your injuries, so we make sure your legal representation does not add to your current stress load. When you sign with our firm, you can rest easier knowing your case is in capable hands, and you will never receive a bill for legal fees.
Remember, statutes of limitations apply to all cases in Suffolk County, which means you should not delay in hiring a lawyer to review your potential claims. Time could be running on your ability to file your case in court, so contact the skilled attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP today.
If you were injured in a car accident in Suffolk County, contact Parker Waichman LLP for your free case consultation by calling 1-800-YOURLAWYER (1-800-968-7529) or by filling out our online form.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation
Have you been injured in an accident in Suffolk County, New York?Click To Get A Free Case Review