Mirena IUD Injury Lawsuits. The Mirena IUD litigation has been reenergized with the formation of a new multidistrict litigation. If you have a potential claim related to an injury from this medical device, you need an experienced Mirena attorney to help you pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact Parker Waichman LLP today to find out if you qualify to file a lawsuit.
Mirena Injuries Mount as New MDL Approved
The Mirena intrauterine device has long been tied to complications like migration and perforation, and now research has also linked the device to a dangerous medical condition known as intracranial hypertension or pseudotumor cerebri. Patients with this condition have a buildup of cerebrospinal fluid in the skull that increases pressure on the brain, producing symptoms that mimic a brain tumor.
Your brain produces cerebrospinal fluid to protect itself, and the fluid is eventually reabsorbed into your bloodstream. Mirena, likely because of the hormone it releases (levonorgestrel), can interfere with the body’s cerebrospinal fluid reabsorption process. Interruption of this reabsorption allows excess fluid to build up in the skull. The symptoms of pseudotumor cerebri and intracranial hypertension include:
- Moderate to severe headaches or migraines, often seeming to begin behind the eyes
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision or other visual disturbances
- Temporary episodes of blindness
- Ringing in the ears
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Back, shoulder, or neck pain
Many patients with this ailment will require surgery to reduce the pressure on their brains. Parker Waichman LLP is fighting for women injured by Mirena and has continued to play a leading role in the ongoing litigation. Plaintiffs recently achieved a victory when a new Mirena multidistrict litigation (MDL) was formed in 2017 in the Southern District of New York. This MDL is a federal consolidation of all Mirena cases that involve intracranial hypertension and pseudotumor cerebri.
If you had or have a Mirena IUD and have been diagnosed with this condition, or have symptoms of the condition, contact Parker Waichman LLP to discuss your potential claim. Now that a new MDL is open, time is of the essence to file your claim.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me?
The Mirena litigation has been and continues to be a complex legal battle. You need a skilled attorney to help you navigate the process and to make sure your rights are protected. An experienced Mirena attorney will help you perform the following tasks to ensure you are prepared with a strong case:
- Obtain medical records that document your IUD implantation and show that your physician implanted a Mirena brand IUD;
- Obtain medical records that document the complications and injuries you have sustained from your Mirena device;
- Gather all relevant documents that describe your economic damages, including medical bills, paystubs, and tax returns;
- Hire medical experts to review your records and assess the viability of your potential Mirena claims;
- Calculate the statute of limitations on your case to make sure you have enough time to file in court;
- Determine the best venue for filing your claim, either in the Mirena MDL or another court;
- Draft a Complaint and then file it in court on your behalf.
These are just the steps your attorney will take leading up to your case filing, after which more intense work will begin. Your lawyer will engage in discovery with the defense, conduct or attend depositions, and participate in any settlement negotiations to make sure you receive the largest amount of compensation possible.
How Do I Find the Right Lawyer?
Particularly if you have never before been involved in a lawsuit, it can be difficult to determine which lawyer you should hire and what to look for in a competent attorney. Be sure to conduct your own research on the firms you’re considering, and ask questions to understand each firm’s capability of handling your case. Some questions to potentially ask would be:
- How long has your law firm been involved in the Mirena litigation?
- Did you have cases in the previous Mirena MDL?
- Are you familiar with the new MDL?
- What is the current status of your Mirena inventory?
- How many people in your office work on mass torts?
- How many medical device cases do you have?
- How often do you update clients on their cases?
By asking these questions and any others that come to your mind, you will be able to gain a sense of whether you want that firm to represent you. You should not feel hurried during your consultation and should not believe that your case or that your questions are not a priority. If you are not completely comfortable with a firm, you should not rush to any decisions.
Parker Waichman LLP: Experienced Mirena Injury Attorneys
Parker Waichman LLP has served as Plaintiffs’ Lead Counsel in the Mirena litigation, and we are extremely familiar with the issues presented in these cases. We also have decades of experience litigating medical device cases and have secured more than $2 billion in compensation for our clients. We are dedicated to helping as many women as possible who have been injured by this defective IUD, and we will aggressively seek the results you and your family need to move forward.
Our firm is offering free consultations on all new Mirena cases. These are no-obligation consultations with our skilled Mirena attorneys that give you the opportunity to understand your potential legal options without worrying about making any up-front payments. If we feel we can proceed with an investigation of your case, we will contract your case on a contingency fee basis, meaning you never have to put money down and will never be stuck with a bill. Time is limited to file a claim, so do not delay in contacting our firm.
Call for Your Free Mirena IUD intracranial hypertension or pseudotumor cerebri Case Review
If you had a Mirena IUD implanted and developed a complication related to the device, including intracranial hypertension or pseudotumor cerebri, contact Parker Waichman LLP today for your free case consultation by filling out our online form or by calling 1-800-YOURLAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation