More than 1 million Little Tikes Workshop Sets and Trucks have been recalled. According to the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC), the recalled Little Tikes workshop sets and trucks have oversized, plastic toy nails that can pose a <"https://www.yourlawyer.com/practice_areas/product_liability">choking hazard to young children.
Little Tykes has received one report of an 11-month old boy from Goose Creek, S.C. who choked when the toy nail become forcefully lodged in his throat. The child was hospitalized and made a full recovery.
The oversized, plastic toy nail is about 3 Â¼ inches long by 1 Â¼ inch in diameter and comes in red or blue colors. It has a large round head; about 1 Â¼ inches below the head is a plastic ridge, slightly smaller than the nail head and about 1 inch in diameter. They were sold with a variety of Little Tikes Childrenâ€™s products. The names, model numbers and UPC code of the products included in this recall are as follows:
* Model 0914/430B; Electronic Project Workshop; SOLD FROM MARCH 1994 THROUGH DEC 2003; UPC: 0-50743-00914-3 and UPC: 0-57043-52613-8
* Model 0920/612237; Little HandiWorker Workhorse; SOLD FROM MARCH 1999 THROUGH JUNE 2009; UPC 0-50743-10920-1 and UPC 0-50743-61223-7
* Model 4146; Home Improvements 2-Sided Workshop; SOLD FROM FEBRUARY 2001 THROUGH JANUARY 2009; UPC 0-50743-04146-4
* Model 440Z; Swirlin’ Sawdust Workshop; SOLD FROM APRIL 2004 THROUGH NOVEMBER 2008; UPC 0-50743-38540-7
* Model 4028; Black Pickup Truck with Tools; SOLD FROM MARCH 2000 THROUGH APRIL 2009; UPC 0-50743-04028-3
The recalled toys were sold through various web sites such as www.littletikes.com and mass merchandise retailers nationwide, including Toys â€œRâ€ Us, from March 1994 through June 2009 for between $25 and $100.
Consumers should immediately take the toy nails away from young children and contact the firm for a free replacement toy nail.. For additional information, contact Little Tikes at (800) 791-2737 between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. ET Saturday, or visit the firmâ€™s Web site at www.littletikes.com.