These vehicles such as forklifts, cranes, tractors, fuel trucks, bulldozers are large and complicated machines, working in dangerous environments and that can sometimes lead to disaster. There are roll overs, break failures, workers being seriously injured after being hit by these vehicles and more. More than half of the accidents that happen with vehicles result in death on construction sites.
There is also the risk due to the dangerous overall climate that is a construction site. Contact with hazardous materials, slippery surfaces, injuries from flying objects, falling objects, scaffolding malfunctions, electrical shocks, workers falling through elevator shafts.
Workers can fall off buildings, or ladders or scaffolding. Labor Law 240 in New York is also known specifically as the scaffolding law as it holds owners liable for gravity-related injuries. All types of falls are very common injury at construction sites.
OSHA did some reporting that showed 5,250 construction fatalities occurred on the job in 2018. That is more then 100 worker deaths in a week due to construction accidents. Workers in New York state are lucky to have laws that protect them and their families in case they get injured at a construction site.
Leading cause of workplace injuries and deaths
- Vehicles – roll overs, brake failures, obstructed views
- Exposure to hazardous materials
- Slippery surfaces
- Injuries from flying/swinging/falling objects and debris
- Falls from high elevations, such as those from ladders, roofs or scaffolding
- Faulty equipmentElectrical injuries/electrocution
- Accidents involving heavy machinery, such as bulldozers, cranes, and forklifts
- Injuries from heavy objects being slid or rolled down inclined surfaces
Find a Skilled NY Labor Law Attorney for Employee Claims
If you believe your employer violated a labor law, you have valuable legal rights and deserve to speak to well-informed lawyers. Labor and employment law can be tricky, but an experienced attorney can review the details of your case, evaluate your legal options, and help you get the compensation you deserve.
More Labor Law Lawsuits and Resources
- Labor Law Lawyer in New York
- New York Construction Accident Lawyers
- Construction Accident Attorneys
- Scaffolding Accidents Injury Lawsuits
- Labor Law Attorney for Employee Claims
- Best Labor Attorney in NJ
- Florida Work Injury Lawyer
- Construction Accident Lawyer on Long Island
- Labor Law Attorney on Long Island