Urgent Safety Notice for Aiper Elite Pro GS100 Pool Vacuum Cleaner Users
On August 24, 2023, Shenzhen Aiper Intelligent Co., Ltd. initiated a voluntary recall of its Aiper Elite Pro GS100 cordless robotic pool vacuum cleaners due to safety concerns. Specifically, the company has identified a hazardous defect where the battery can overheat and short-circuit if the charging cord is plugged into the device without its adapter and/or directly into the charging port on the machine. This poses a significant risk of burns and fire.
The Aiper Elite Pro GS100 cordless robotic pool vacuum cleaner weighs 11.2 pounds and measures around 15.9 x 14.2 x 10 inches. It comes in a dark gray color, with the “Aiper” brand name printed on the top/front of the product. The model name and number are located on a label attached to the bottom side of the vacuum cleaner.
Affected Units and Distribution
Approximately 22,000 units have been recalled in the United States, with an additional 50 sold in Canada and four in Mexico. The pool vacuum cleaners were sold online at various websites, including Aiper’s official website, Amazon.com, cocktailpool.com, factorypure.com, myrobotdirect.com, wellbots.com, and uspoolsite.com. The products were available for purchase between January 2023 and May 2023, with prices ranging between $600 and $800.
Reports and Incidents
The company has received 17 reports related to the vacuum cleaner overheating. One such report involved a minor burn to a consumer’s fingertip, which did not require medical treatment. Fortunately, no property damage has been reported thus far. However, these incidents might be reported at a later date as the public becomes aware of the issue.
Remedy and Consumer Action
Consumers who have purchased this product are urged to stop using it immediately. Shenzhen Aiper Intelligent Co. is offering a free replacement unit of their Seagull Pro robotic pool cleaner. Consumers can contact Aiper. Alternatively, they can reach out via email at [email protected] or visit Aiper’s Elite Pro Recall Website for more information. The company is providing free return labels and promises to ship the replacement product within seven days of receiving the recalled unit. Aiper is contacting all purchasers directly.
The official recall number for this product is 23-784. For the most current and reliable information, it is advised to contact Aiper directly or refer to the official website at https://aiper.com/elite-pro-recall/). Stay informed and stay safe.
What Types of Damages Could Occur Due to This Defective Product?
The defective Aiper Elite Pro GS100 cordless robotic pool vacuum cleaner poses specific risks of battery overheating and short-circuiting, which can lead to several types of damages:
- Burns: The most immediate concern is the risk of burns to individuals who are using or handling the vacuum cleaner. In severe cases, these could require medical attention.
- Electrical Shock: In addition to burns, there’s a potential risk of electrical shock if the battery short-circuits while someone is handling the device.
- Smoke Inhalation: If the battery overheats to the point of catching fire, there could be a risk of smoke inhalation, which can be particularly dangerous for children, elderly individuals, and pets.
- Fire: Overheating and short-circuiting can lead to fires that could potentially destroy not just the pool but also adjacent structures like decking, sheds, or even homes.
- Water Damage: In the event of a fire, efforts to extinguish it could lead to water damage to surrounding areas.
- Damage to the Pool: Besides the vacuum cleaner itself, a malfunction could potentially cause damage to the pool’s filtration and electrical systems, depending on the severity of the short-circuit or fire.
- Chemical Hazards: A fire in a pool area could also potentially interact with pool chemicals, creating additional hazards.
- Product Replacement: Consumers would face the financial burden of replacing a faulty vacuum cleaner if not covered by a warranty or recall.
- Medical Expenses: Treatment for burns or smoke inhalation could result in medical bills.
- Repair Costs: Property damage due to fire or water would likely involve expensive repairs.
- Increased Insurance Premiums: Filing a claim to cover the damages might result in increased home insurance premiums.
Given these risks, it’s crucial for consumers to heed recall notices and stop using defective products immediately.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Parker Waichman LLP helps families recover monetary compensation for harm caused by dangerous products like this defective product. For your free consultation, contact our national product liability law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation