VRURC Portable Chargers Portable Chargers were recalled by Amazon.com due to incidents of home and commercial flight fires.
The recalled VRURC portable chargers were sold exclusively on Amazon.com and came in various colors. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reported that these recalled VRURC Portable Chargers can ignite, presenting a significant fire hazard. The charges were recalled on July 06, 2023. This product safety recall involved nearly 200,000 units.
The recall pertains to VRURC portable chargers with model number “OD-B7.” These chargers feature built-in cables and a built-in wall plug. The model number is located on the back of the affected chargers, which were sold in black, blue, green, orange, pink, red, and white color options.
Remedy: Consumers are advised to immediately discontinue the use of the recalled portable chargers and contact VRURC to obtain a free replacement product.
Incidents/Injuries: VRURC has received one report of a fire incident that occurred during a commercial flight. The incident resulted in four flight attendants being transported to the hospital due to smoke inhalation.
The recalled VRURC portable chargers were exclusively sold on Amazon.com between July 2021 and May 2023, with prices ranging from $30 to $40. The chargers were sold by Shenzhen ChuangliJiacheng Technology Co. Ltd., operating as VRURC, out of China. The Safety Recall Number is 23-238. Consumer Contact: For assistance, consumers can reach VRURC at 951-593-9128 from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET. They can also contact VRURC via email at [email protected] or visit https://www.vrurcpower.com/pages/safety-recall or https://www.vrurcpower.com/ and click on “Recalls” at the top of the page for more information.
Victims harmed by this dangerous product might be eligible to recover various types of damages, depending on the circumstances of the case. The following are common types of injuries and property damages that a victim may seek to recover:
- Medical Expenses: This includes compensation for past, present, and future medical treatment related to the injuries sustained in the incident. It covers hospital bills, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, therapy, and any other necessary medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims may be entitled to compensation for the physical and emotional pain, suffering, and distress caused by the injuries. This category encompasses both the immediate pain experienced and any ongoing discomfort or limitations resulting from the incident.
- Lost Wages: If the injuries prevent the victim from working or result in a loss of income, they can seek compensation for the wages lost during their recovery period. Additionally, if the injuries result in long-term disability or reduced earning capacity, future lost wages may also be included.
- Property Damage: If personal property was damaged or destroyed as a result of the incident, the victim can seek reimbursement for the repair or replacement costs. This commonly applies to vehicle damage in car accidents but can extend to other damaged property as well.
- Rehabilitation and Assistive Devices: In cases where the victim requires ongoing rehabilitation, therapy, or the use of assistive devices such as wheelchairs or prosthetics, they may be entitled to compensation for the expenses associated with these services and devices.
- Emotional Distress: Severe incidents can cause significant emotional distress, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, or sleep disorders. Victims may be able to recover damages for the psychological impact and emotional suffering resulting from the incident.
- Loss of Consortium: If the injuries affect the victim’s relationship with their spouse or family members, they may seek compensation for the loss of companionship, guidance, and support.
- Punitive Damages: In cases where the responsible party’s actions were particularly egregious or involved willful misconduct, punitive damages may be awarded. These damages aim to punish the wrongdoer and deter similar behavior in the future.
It’s important to note that the specific damages that can be recovered vary depending on the jurisdiction and the circumstances of each case. Consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney can help victims understand their rights and the potential compensation they may be entitled to according to the special circumstances of their case.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Parker Waichman LLP helps families recover monetary compensation for harm caused by a dangerous product. For your free consultation, contact our national product liability law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation