According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, Bedshe International has initiated a recall of its Bedsure electric heating blankets and pads. The recall announcement says that the Bedsure electric heating blankets and pads controller can malfunction, creating a dangerous fire and thermal burn hazard. The recall was initiated on March 09, 2023, and affects more than 350,000 units.
The affected Bedsure electric heating blankets models came in throw, twin, and full sizes models and were made with sherpa and/or flannel and came in the following sizes
- 50″ x 60″
- 62″ x 84″
- 72″ x 84″
The recalled Bedsure electric heating blankets were sold in the following colors
- blue plaid
- light gray,
- dark gray,
- gray plaid,
- red plaid, and
- red plaid with cream
The affected Bedsure electric heating pads were sold in the following sizes
- 12″ x 24″
- 24″ x 22″
- 24” x 33”
The recalled Bedsure electric heating pads were retailed in the following colors
- brown, and
The recall notice states that the Bedsure electric blankets and pads are controlled by a white digital controller unit connected to a white cord. The electric blanket also has model #BS-LV0A and has a white non-digital controller unit with the company name and symbol located on the controller. The model numbers are on the heating pads’ back side of the controller, and a white label is on the back of the electric blanket.
These seven model numbers are part of this recall:
Bedsure electric heating blankets model numbers
Bedsure electric heating pads model numbers
Consumers who own a recalled electric blanket or pad are urged to immediately stop using them and contact Bedsure to receive a full refund. Consumers should follow the instructions provided during registration at safety.bedsurehome.com. The company is contacting all known affected customers.
The firm has been notified of 137 incidents involving the blankets and pads catching fire, burning, melting, and overheating in consumers’ homes, resulting in minor property damage. Among these incidents, there have been 17 reports of burn injuries, including one case of second-degree burns.
The recalled Bedsure electric blankets and pads were sold on BedsureHome.com and Amazon.com from August 2022 until December 2022 at a price between $25 and $110. The recalled blankets and pads were manufactured in China and imported by Bedshe International Company Limited in Walnut, California.
The Top Five Reasons Why You Should Retain a Product Liability Attorney from Parker Waichman LLP for Your Case
Retaining a product liability attorney after being injured by a dangerous product is important for several reasons:
- Expertise: Product liability attorneys have specialized knowledge and experience in handling cases involving defective and dangerous products. They understand the complex laws, regulations, and industry standards that govern product safety.
- Compensation: A skilled product liability attorney can help you obtain fair compensation for your injuries, including medical expenses, lost earning, pain and suffering, punitive damages (in some cases), and other compensatory damages. They can assess the value of your claim and negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies and manufacturers.
- Investigation: Product liability attorneys have the resources and expertise to investigate the cause of the injury and identify the responsible parties. They can gather evidence, consult with experts, and build a strong case to prove liability.
- Legal Representation: If your product liability injury case goes to trial, a product liability attorney will represent you in court, presenting evidence and arguing on your behalf to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Holding manufacturers accountable: Pursuing a product liability claim not only helps you obtain compensation but also holds manufacturers accountable for their negligence. This can lead to improved product safety and prevent others from being injured by the same dangerous product in the future.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
To find out if you or your loved one can file a product injury lawsuit, call Parker Waichman LLP for a free legal consultation. Call 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529) or use our online chat feature to speak with our national product liability attorneys, who will help you understand your rights and work hard to obtain the compensation you or your loved one deserves.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation