Toys Recalled Because Of Choking Hazard And Lead Paint Poisoning. Fishing games, rattles, pull-a-long cars, mini pull back cars, and cartoon bubble guns are all being recalled today by the CBB Group. According to the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC), the recalled toys either pose a choking hazard or violate U.S. lead paint standards.
According to the CPSC recall notice, the following toys marketed by CBB Group have small pieces which can detach and pose a choking hazard to children:
Toys Included In The Recall
- Fishing Games, including those marked Model KK-4296 UPC# 782468042968; Model PT-2006 UPC# 830002020061; Model T-8112 UPC# 704291081129; Model KK-4461 UPC# 782468044610
- 6 Piece Rattle Sets marked Model ET-1293 UPC# 800323012939
- 3-Piece Rattle Set marked Model ET-1388 UPC#800323013882
- Pull-A-Long Car marked Model ET-1041 UPC# 800323010416; Model KK-4218 UPC# 782468042180
The recall also includes the following products that violate federal lead paint standards:
- 6-Piece 3” Pull Back Cars marked Model KK-4382 UPC# 78246804382
- Battery-Operated Cartoon Bubble Gun marked Model KK-4275 UPC# 782468042753; Model KK-4276 UPC#782468042760
- Battery-Operated Dolphin Bubble Gun marked Model OR-2238 UPC# 868333022386
In children and fetuses, lead exposure can cause brain and nervous system damage, behavioral and learning problems, slowed growth, hearing problems, headaches, mental and physical retardation, and behavioral and other health problems. Lead is also known to cause cancer and reproductive harm and, in adults, lead can damage the nervous system. Unfortunately, lead poisoning is difficult to recognize because it manifests with subtle symptoms and there are no definitive indicators that point to contamination.
All of the recalled CBB toys were sold at Dollar stores and toy stores nationwide from July 2007 through December 2008 for between $1 and $5. The CPSC has advised consumers to take the recalled products away from young children immediately and return them to the place where purchased for a full refund. For additional information, consumers may contact CBB Group, Inc. toll-free at (866) 628-6238 anytime, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.cbbgroup.com.