Samsung Microwaves Recalled Due To Shock Hazard. About 43,000 Samsung™ Over-the-Range Microwave Ovens imported by Samsung Electronics America Inc., of Ridgefield Park, New Jersey, have been recalled for shock hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) just announced.
If an installation bolt from the recalled Samsung™ Over-the-Range Microwave Ovens comes in contact with an electrical component inside the unit and the microwave is plugged into an ungrounded outlet, it could create a shock hazard. To date, no incidents or injuries have been reported.
Recalled Samsung Microwaves Oven Model And Serial Numbers
The recall involves Samsung 1000-watt over-the-range microwave ovens. The following model and serial numbers are included in this recall:
• All SMH9151x produced from January through May 2009 from serial number xxxxxxxS1xxxxxx to serial number xxxxxxxS5xxxxxx
Some products in June were also affected, as follows:
• SMH9151B from serial number xxxxxxOS600001xxxxxxTS600001 to serial number xxxxxxOS600100xxxxxxTS601100
• SMH9151S from serial number xxxxxxTS600001 to serial number xxxxxxTS601386
• SMH9151ST from serial number xxxxxxTS600001 to serial number xxxxxxTS600330
• SMH9151STE from serial number xxxxxxTS600001 to serial number xxxxxxTS600330
• SMH9151W from serial number xxxxxxOS600001xxxxxxTS600001 to serial number xxxxxxOS600200xxxxxxTS602055
The recalled Samsung™ Over-the-Range Microwave Ovens, which were manufactured in Malaysia, were sold at retail stores nationwide from January 2009 through July 2009 for between $180 and $200.
The CPSC is advising consumers to immediately unplug and stop using the recalled Samsung™ Over-the-Range Microwave Ovens, and contact Samsung to schedule a free repair. Samsung can be reached toll-free at 1-888-402-6974 between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time, seven days a week, or at the firm’s Web site at www.samsung.com/otrrecall
Need Legal Help Regarding Samsung Microwaves?
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation