Grizzly Industrial and Shop Fox Voluntarily Recall Wood Lathes Due to Potential Injury Risk
Grizzly Industrial Inc., of Bellingham, Washington, and Shop Fox, Inc., of Suzhou, China, are voluntarily recalling certain wood lathes due to a potential injury risk. The wood lathe’s cutting tool can break during use, posing an injury hazard due to flying projectiles or lacerations to the user or bystanders.
The recalled wood lathes include:
- G0584 and G0462 Grizzly Industrial wood lathes
- W1758 Shop Fox wood lathes
The recalled wood lathes have the following characteristics:
- Green or white bed
- Cast-iron legs with black accents
- Extendable tool rest
- Swivel headstock
Model G0584 measures 62 inches wide, 14.5 inches deep, and 45.5 inches high. Models G0462 and W1758 measure 72.5 inches wide, 19 inches deep, and 48 inches high.
Grizzly Industrial has received four reports of the cutting tool breaking, including one injury. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled wood lathes and contact Grizzly Industrial for a free repair kit. The kit includes an upgraded faceplate, tool rest, and tool rest base.
Consumers can contact Grizzly Industrial online at www.grizzly.com/recalls or www.grizzly.com and click on “Recalls” at the bottom the page.
The recall is estimated to affect approximately 21,300 wood lathes in the United States and 60 in Canada. The recalled wood lathes were sold from February 2005 through January 2023 for between $400 and $1,550.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Product liability lawsuits are complex, and it is important to have an experienced attorney on your side to guide you through the process.
The Product Liability Lawsuit Process
- Investigation: Your attorney will conduct an investigation to gather evidence about your injuries and the cause of the accident. This may include reviewing medical records, product documentation, and witness statements.
- Filing a Complaint: Once your attorney has gathered sufficient evidence, they will file a complaint with the court. The complaint will outline the facts of your case and the legal basis for your claim.
- Discovery: During the discovery phase, both sides will exchange information and evidence. This may include depositions, interrogatories, and requests for production of documents.
- Pre-Trial Motions: Before trial, your attorney may file motions to dismiss the case, exclude certain evidence, or obtain summary judgment.
- Trial: If the case is not resolved through pre-trial motions, it will go to trial. At trial, you will have the opportunity to present your evidence and arguments to a jury or judge.
Damages That Might Be Recoverable in a Product Liability Lawsuit
If you are successful in your product liability lawsuit, you may be entitled to recover a variety of damages, including:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of all medical treatment you have received as a result of your injuries, including hospitalization, surgery, and medication.
- Lost wages: If you have been unable to work due to your injuries, you may be able to recover lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: This compensation is for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of your injuries.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, you may be able to recover punitive damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish the defendant for particularly egregious conduct.
Why You Need an Attorney
Product liability lawsuits are complex, and it is important to have an experienced attorney on your side. An attorney can help you:
- Understand your legal rights and options
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Negotiate with the defendant’s insurance company
- Represent you in court
If you have been injured by a defective product, do not hesitate to contact an attorney to discuss your options. The sooner you seek legal counsel, the better your chances of success.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Regardless of your location or where your injury occurred, our nationwide personal injury law firm is ready to assist you.
Parker Waichman LLP helps families recover monetary compensation for harm caused by dangerous products. For your free consultation, contact our national product liability law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation