According to an article posted on dailyvoice.com, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced the recall of several Minute Maid and Coca-Cola products due to the discovery of metal fragments and washers. The metal contamination has been discovered in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. As a result, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a voluntary recall in eight states- Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York, North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, Maine, and New Jersey.
The affected Coca-Cola products include:
- Coca-Cola 12-ounce cans: Date Code: AUG 1522 WM B
- Coca-Cola 12-ounce cans: Date Code: AUG 1522 WM C
- Sprite 12-ounce cans: Date Code: AUG 1522 WM B
All of the affected products have a 2022 expiration date printed on them.
The following Minute Maid products have been recalled:
- Berry Punch: Date codes Jan0422 NP and Jan0522 NP, Batch 0010323455 and 0010259344
- Strawberry Lemonade: Date code: Jan0322 NP, Batch: 0010259346 (recall F-0277-2022)
- Fruit Punch: Date Code: JAN0522 NP Batch: 0010323454 (recall F-0278-2022)
This is a Class II product recall, which means the product could cause medical problems that are reversible or temporary, according to Coca-Cola spokesperson Ann L. Moore. Purchasers are urged to bring the products to purchase for a full refund or throw the affected products in to the garbage.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Did you or a loved one suffer harm from a defective product? Parker Waichman LLP helps those who have suffered injuries due to dangerous products receive full monetary compensation. Trust your case with our product liability lawsuit lawyers. For a free consultation, contact our law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation