Sound Around Pulls Children’s All-Purpose Helmets have been found to fall short of federal safety standards, heightening risk of head trauma.
The Hurtle All-Purpose Helmet, targeted for children, has been identified as the subject of this recall. The product recall was instituted as the helmets failed to meet the positional stability standards set by the U.S. CPSC federal safety protocol for bike helmets, resulting in an increased risk of head injuries during an accident.
The recalled products are to be returned for a full refund. The recall was announced on June 22, 2023, and concerns approximately 1,800 units.
For further information, Sound Around has provided its toll-free number (877) 238-1863, which is accessible from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Inquiries can also be addressed to [email protected] or via the company’s websites https://pyleaudio.com/ProductRecalls.aspx and https://pyleusa.com/ by clicking on the “Product Recall” tab.
The Hurtle multi-purpose children’s helmets encompassed in this recall were available in colors including black, blue, pink, white, and red. The helmet design features the term “Renegade” etched on its side and black straps, while the internal white warning label also bears the “Renegade” inscription in black and orange lettering. Designed to fit head circumferences ranging from approximately seven to eight inches, these helmets have now been flagged as potentially unsafe.
Customers are advised to immediately cease usage of the recalled helmets and get in touch with Sound Around to procure a full refund of the purchasing price. To claim a refund, customers need to destroy the helmet by severing the straps, upload images of the helmet with the straps cut to the recall registration website, and then dispose of the helmet responsibly. For those who received the unit as a part of a free product registration promotion for other PyleUSA sport products, it is strongly suggested to dispose of the unit so that it is no longer accessible to children.
These helmets were retailed on www.amazon.com, www.nordstrom.com, www.pyleusa.com, and www.ruelala.com between September 2020 and March 2023, priced approximately at $17. They were also featured on https://pyleusa.com/ as part of a free product registration promotional campaign for other PyleUSA sporting products.
The importer of record is Sound Around Inc., a company based out of Brooklyn, New York. The recalled helmets were manufactured in China. The recall bears the identification number 23-230.
Filing a Product Liability Lawsuit for Injuries from Recalled Children’s Helmets: How Parker Waichman LLP Can Assist
In the unfortunate event that a child has sustained a head injury as a result of using the recalled Hurtle multi-purpose helmet, filing a product liability lawsuit can help obtain the compensation deserved. The legal team at Parker Waichman LLP has substantial experience in these types of cases and can provide vital assistance at every step of the way.
- Assessing Your Case: Every product liability case begins with a thorough evaluation. Parker Waichman LLP’s team of legal experts will review the specifics of your case, determine the nature and extent of the injuries, and ascertain if there are sufficient grounds to file a lawsuit against Sound Around Inc., the manufacturer of the helmet.
- Gathering Evidence: In any lawsuit, solid evidence is critical. Parker Waichman LLP’s attorneys are skilled in collecting and presenting relevant evidence. They will work with you to gather all necessary medical reports, expert testimonies, and other critical documentation to build a compelling case.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Dealing with insurance companies can be a complex and challenging task. Parker Waichman LLP’s attorneys are skilled in negotiation and can help ensure you receive fair treatment from insurance providers, fighting for the maximum settlement on your behalf.
- Representing You in Court: If negotiations do not result in a satisfactory settlement, your case may need to go to trial. Parker Waichman LLP’s experienced trial attorneys are adept at arguing cases in front of a judge or jury, ensuring that your story is heard and fighting for the compensation you deserve.
- Navigating Complex Laws: Product liability laws can be complex and vary from state to state. Parker Waichman LLP’s lawyers have the knowledge and experience to navigate these complexities, ensuring that all deadlines are met, and all necessary procedures are followed.
- Offering Emotional Support: In addition to providing legal assistance, Parker Waichman LLP understands the emotional stress that can come with a lawsuit. They offer compassionate guidance throughout the legal process, providing the emotional support you need during this challenging time.
If you or your child has suffered injuries due to the recalled Hurtle multi-purpose helmet, Parker Waichman LLP can guide you through the complexities of a product liability lawsuit, fighting for your rights and the compensation you deserve.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Parker Waichman LLP helps families recover monetary compensation for harm caused by dangerous products. For your free consultation, contact our national product liability law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation