XDEEP 1st Stage Scuba Regulators Recalled Due to Drowning Hazard
According to the U.S. Product Safety Commission, XDEEP is recalling its 1st stage scuba regulators due to a defect that can cause injuries and drowning deaths. The recall announcement states that a defective screw located on the turret connection can fail, posing a risk of drowning or injury hazard for divers. The recall was announced on February 23, 2023, and affects scuba regulators sold in the United States and Canada.
This recall is a “fast track” recall. More information about fast track recalls can be found at cpsc.gov/commissioners.
This fast track recall concerns XDEEP 1st-stage scuba regulators that have a model number NX700. The model number can be found inscribed on one side of the regulator, and the word “XDEEP” is found on the other side. Those who own a recalled XDEEP 1st-stage scuba regulator should immediately stop using the regulator and contact XDEEP to receive a free replacement or a full refund. All replacements include a different model than the recalled regulators. Consumers are able to return the recalled scuba regulator to the store they purchased the regulator or by contacting TecDive Gear. XDEEP is contacting all known affected purchasers. XDEEP stated that it had received at least one adverse incident report concerning the broken turret connection screw issue.
The XDEEP 1st-stage scuba regulators were sold at independent diving retailers nationwide and online at tecdivegear.com from February 2019 until October 2022 at a cost between $600 and $800. The XDEEP 1st-stage scuba regulators were manufactured in Italy and imported by
Tec Dive Gear LLC, of Jackson, New Jersey. The Fast Track product recall number is 23-133.
To contact TecDiveGear (XDEEP U.S. Distributor) visit either https://www.xdeep.eu/nx700-product-recall.html or www.xdeep.eu and then click on the “Safety Recall” link located at the bottom of the page for additional information.
How to Win a Product Liability Case
Winning a product liability case is a challenging legal process, but several key steps that will increase your chances of success:
- Seek Medical Attention: It is essential to seek medical attention immediately following an injury caused by a defective product. This not only ensures that you receive the necessary treatment but also documents your injuries, which can be crucial evidence in your case.
- Preserve Evidence: It is important to preserve all evidence related to your injury, including the defective product, any packaging or instructions that came with it, and photographs of your injuries and the product itself. This evidence can help establish the cause of your injury and prove liability.
- Document the Incident: As soon as possible after the incident, write down everything you remember about what happened, including the date, time, and location of the incident, what you were doing at the time, and any details about the product and how it caused your injury.
- Consult with our experienced Product Liability Attorneys: Product liability cases can be complex and challenging, so it is important to work with one of our experienced attorneys who can help you understand your important legal rights, time deadlines, and options, gather evidence, and build a strong case.
- Determine Liability: In order to win a product liability case, you must be able to prove that the product was defective and that the defect caused your injury. Depending on the circumstances of your case, liability may rest with the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer of the product.
- Prove Damages: In addition to proving liability, you must also be able to prove the damages you suffered as a result of your injury, including medical costs, lost earnings, and pain and suffering.
- Be Prepared to Negotiate or Go to Trial: While most product liability cases are settled out of court, it is important to be prepared for the possibility of going to trial. Your defective product lawyer can advise you on the best approach based on the specific circumstances of your case.
By following these steps and working with our national product liability lawsuit attorneys, you can greatly improve your chances of winning your product liability case and obtaining just financial compensation.
If you or a loved one have been injured by a defective product, don’t hesitate to take action. Contact Parker Waichman LLP today for a free consultation with our experienced product liability attorneys. We’ll review your case and advise you on your legal options for pursuing compensation. Call us toll-free at 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529) to speak with one of our attorneys and take the first step toward justice.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Call us today at 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529) or visit our website to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Don’t wait. Please take action now to protect your legal rights and hold those responsible accountable for their actions, because the time you have to file your claim is limited by state law.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation