On June 22, the Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a recall issued by Infanttech, targeting the batteries within its Zooby video baby monitors.
As per the commission’s findings, the batteries could malfunction, causing overheating and possibly explosion, thereby constituting a fire risk.
“Infanttech has acknowledged three incidents of the baby monitors catching fire,” the recall notice confirmed. So far, no injuries related to this issue have been reported.
The recalled Zooby devices are designed to mimic a giraffe, dog, fox, rabbit, or panda, featuring a battery with the model number HJ554050, batch 2136.
These monitors were retailed online through infanttech.com and Amazon.com, available from January 2022 to May 2023, priced between $130 and $190.
The CPSC recommends that consumers promptly remove the battery from the cuddly camera but can continue to use the Zooby plush camera and monitor while connected to a power source.
Customers who have bought the product are entitled to reach out to Infanttech for a complimentary battery replacement. The company is also proactively reaching out to all known buyers, as per CPSC information.
This news has been reported from Los Angeles.
How to File a Lawsuit For Your Child’s Burn Injuries
Parker Waichman LLP is a renowned law firm that specializes in personal injury and product liability cases, including burn injuries. If your child has suffered burn injuries and you suspect that it was due to a defective product or another party’s negligence, you may want to consider filing a lawsuit. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do so with Parker Waichman LLP:
- Initial Consultation: Reach out to Parker Waichman LLP to schedule an initial consultation. During this meeting, you’ll provide all the information and details about your child’s injury. This will allow the legal team to evaluate your case and guide you on the best way to proceed.
- Case Evaluation: The attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP will examine the facts of your case in detail. This includes reviewing medical records, the circumstances leading to the injury, and any evidence of a defective product or negligence. They will also consider the extent and long-term implications of your child’s injuries.
- Representation Agreement: If Parker Waichman LLP agrees to take your case, you will need to sign a representation agreement. This document outlines the terms of the agreement, including legal fees (typically contingency-based, meaning you only pay if you win).
- Investigation and Evidence Collection: The law firm will gather all necessary evidence to strengthen your case. This can include medical documents, accident reports, product details, witness testimonies, etc.
- Filing the Lawsuit: Once all the information has been gathered and the case has been prepared, your attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf. The lawsuit will be against the party or parties responsible for the injury.
- Negotiations and Trial: After the lawsuit is filed, the defendant’s attorneys may offer a settlement. Parker Waichman LLP will negotiate on your behalf to ensure you receive fair compensation. If a settlement cannot be reached, your case will go to trial where a judge or jury will decide the outcome.
- Collecting the Award: If your case is successful, Parker Waichman LLP will assist you in collecting the award or settlement.
Remember, every case is unique, and this is a general overview. The actual process may vary based on your individual circumstances. Also, keep in mind that there are time limits to file personal injury lawsuits, known as statutes of limitations, which vary by state. It’s important to act quickly to protect your legal rights.
Lastly, it’s crucial to seek professional legal advice. While this guide gives a broad overview of the process, only a qualified attorney can provide advice tailored to your specific situation.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Parker Waichman LLP helps families recover monetary compensation for harm caused by dangerous products. For your free consultation, contact our national injury law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation