High Risk of Impalement, Laceration, and Puncture Injuries in Children Necessitates Recall
Zuru has issued a recall for an astounding 7.5 million units of their Baby Shark and Mini Baby Shark Bath Toys. The cause for concern is the hard plastic top fins of these toys, which pose significant risk of impalement, laceration, and puncture injuries to children.
The recall involves the full-sized Robo Alive Junior Baby Shark Sing & Swim Bath Toys as well as their smaller counterparts, the Robo Alive Junior Mini Baby Shark Swimming Bath Toys. The danger arises when children, especially in bathtubs or wading pools, stumble and fall or sit on the sharp, hard plastic top fin of the shark toy, leading to severe injuries.
This recall, announced on June 22, 2023, affects approximately 7.5 million units, consisting of 6.5 million Baby Shark bath toys and 1 million Mini Baby Shark bath toys. For any queries or concerns, consumers can contact Zuru on their toll-free number 833-820-0839 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday, or visit https://www.recallrtr.com/bathshark or www.Zurutoys.com and click on “Recalls” at the top of the page for additional information.
The full-sized Robo Alive Junior Baby Shark Sing & Swim bath toys in question are designed to sing and swim when immersed in water. They feature a rigid plastic top fin with three grooves on one side, are approximately 7 inches from nose to tail, and are available in yellow, pink, and blue. They were sold individually or in packs of three. The mini-sized versions of these toys swim but do not sing, are about 4 inches long, and are sold individually, in packs of two or three, and also as part of a Baby Shark Music Water Park playset.
The remedy suggested is to stop using the recalled bath toys immediately and contact Zuru for a full refund of $14 for each full-sized bath toy or $6 for each mini-sized bath toy. This refund will be given in the form of a prepaid virtual Mastercard. Consumers are advised to disable the tail fin (either by cutting it on the full-sized bath toy or bending it on the mini-sized bath toy), mark the body of the shark bath toy with the word “recalled” and the unique code provided during registration for the recall, then upload a photo of the product, showing it is disabled and marked, at https://www.recallrtr.com/bathshark. Zuru will issue a refund to purchasers upon receipt of this photo.
Zuru has reported 12 instances of children falling or sitting onto the full-sized Baby Shark bath toy, leading to impalement injuries, lacerations, and puncture wounds, with some incidents requiring stitches or medical attention. Thankfully, no reported incidents or injuries have been linked to the Mini Baby Shark bath toys to date. The recalled products were sold in various retail stores nationwide and online, with the full-sized Baby Shark bath toys retailing from May 2019 through March 2023, and the Mini Baby Shark bath toys from July 2020 through June 2023. The recall number for this issue is 23-229.
Filing a Product Liability Lawsuit: How Parker Waichman LLP Can Assist Victims of Recalled Zuru Baby Shark Bath Toys
If your child has suffered an injury due to the recalled Zuru Baby Shark Bath Toys, you may be considering filing a product liability lawsuit. The team at Parker Waichman LLP can provide experienced, compassionate assistance throughout this process.
- Free Case Evaluation: At Parker Waichman LLP, they offer free initial consultations to help you understand the legal basis for your claim and the potential compensation you may be able to receive.
- Expert Legal Advice: Parker Waichman’s team of seasoned attorneys has a deep understanding of product liability law, enabling them to provide accurate and comprehensive legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances.
- Collection and Analysis of Evidence: The firm’s expert attorneys are adept at collecting and analyzing evidence, such as medical records and incident reports, to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experienced Negotiators: Parker Waichman LLP has a reputation for successful negotiation, often enabling clients to secure fair settlements without the stress and uncertainty of court proceedings.
- Trial-Ready Advocacy: If necessary, Parker Waichman’s skilled litigators are prepared to take your case to trial, where they will advocate tenaciously for your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Contingency Fee Basis: At Parker Waichman LLP, all product liability lawsuits are handled on a contingency fee basis. This means you don’t have to worry about upfront legal fees or out-of-pocket expenses. They only collect a fee if they help you secure a settlement or win your case in court.
- Long History of Success: Parker Waichman LLP has a proven track record in product liability lawsuits, having recovered over $2 billion for its clients.
Injuries caused by recalled products can be traumatic and life-changing. When faced with such adversity, having the right legal representation is essential. Parker Waichman LLP stands ready to help you navigate the complexities of a product liability lawsuit, offering the knowledge, experience, and dedication needed to achieve a successful outcome.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Parker Waichman LLP helps families recover monetary compensation for harm caused by dangerous products. For your free consultation, contact our national product liability law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation