Find a Queens Car Accident Lawyer You Can Trust
Following a serious car accident, you are likely wondering whether you need to hire a lawyer and how to even begin that process. You have a lot of options for legal representation in the Queens County area, so how do you know which Queens car accident lawyer is qualified to work on your case?
Parker Waichman LLP understands how important it is for you to be represented by the right firm, so we have compiled some tips for hiring a lawyer to litigate your Queens car accident claims. We also offer free consultations, so you can talk to us and evaluate how knowledgeable we are before signing on with our attorneys.
Why You Need a Queens County Car Accident Lawyer
If you’re wondering whether you actually need a lawyer or whether you can pursue claims on your own behalf, consider the tasks an attorney will complete for you.
- Your attorney will thoroughly investigate your case. A good car accident lawyer will perform a full and complete review of your claims. This will include investigating and gathering information, such as accident reports, any video footage of the accident, medical records, insurance documents, and police records from the accident. When you retain an accomplished Queens auto accident attorney, they will put together the strongest possible case to file in court.
- Your attorney will bring years of experience to your case review. When attorneys litigate numerous car accident cases, they develop an extensive understanding of car accident law and of the factors a case needs to be successful. By choosing a top car accident lawyer in Jamaica, Queens, NY, clients will get help from someone who can review the totality of evidence in their case through the lens of years of experience. By hiring an attorney, you will also have access to knowledgeable experts who can provide testimony in favor of your case.
- Your attorney will facilitate negotiations and settlement. One of the most important reasons to hire a lawyer is the facilitation of settlement negotiations and advocacy during the settlement process. You are far more likely to receive a settlement award if you have an experienced car accident lawyer. Queens, NY, clients who represent themselves rarely get to the negotiating table, and those who do receive significantly less than clients who have attorneys. It’s always better to have a lawyer fighting for your right to recovery than to try to do it without legal help.
Hiring an attorney will ensure that you receive a thorough investigation of your claims, full case review, and the best chances for a settlement or jury award. For more information about what a skilled car accident lawyer can do for you, contact Parker Waichman. We’d be glad to help you.
How to Find the Right Attorney
Now that you’re aware of all of the benefits a talented Queens car accident lawyer can provide, you should begin searching for the right firm to represent you. You can start your search for attorneys by asking people you know who they might recommend, searching online for car accident attorneys in Queens or looking through the New York Bar directory. You should narrow your focus to personal injury firms that litigate car accident cases in Queens.
When you have decided on a few firms you might want to hire for your case, you should contact each one to schedule a consultation with an attorney. We always recommend requesting in-person consultations because they will help you learn more about a Queens auto accident attorney. If an attorney doesn’t have time to meet with you, you might want to consider moving on in your search. You should not be made to feel like you’re not a priority.
Questions to Ask During Your Case Consultation
When you contact the firms you have selected to set up a case consultation, you will likely speak to a staff member like an assistant, receptionist or paralegal. This person will gather some information from you about your case in order to connect you with the right lawyer. While you’re on the phone with this person, you can ask a few helpful questions, such as:
- Will my case consultation cost me anything?
- When should I expect to hear from a lawyer?
- Will I be able to meet with a lawyer in person?
It’s important to remember that this staff member is not a lawyer, so they will not be able to give you any legal advice or opinions about your case. However, when you meet with or speak with an attorney at the firm, you will be able to (and should) ask more substantive questions, such as:
- How much experience do you have with car accident cases?
- What are some of your recent accident case results?
- How familiar are you with New York’s no-fault law?
- Do you have a lot of experience litigating cases in Queens?
- Do you work strictly on accident cases or other types of cases as well?
- How often do you take car accident cases to trial?
- How many attorneys work at the firm?
- How much will you charge to take on my case?
- Do case expenses come out of my share of any award?
- How involved do you allow clients to be with their case strategies?
You should feel free to ask any questions you’d like, but the above questions can get you started and will give you some beneficial information about the firm and your potential lawyer. If you’re not happy with what you hear during your consultation, you should look at other firms. The decision to retain a car accident lawyer in Jamaica, Queens, NY, shouldn’t be taken lightly, and you should feel confident about your choice.
Get a Free Case
Parker Waichman has extensive experience with Queens accident cases, and we dedicate ourselves to securing the compensation injured people and their families need. When they are looking for a talented and affordable car accident lawyer, Queens, NY, residents can count on us to offer free case consultations and quickly review accident claims to provide accurate information about their legal options. If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a car accident in Queens County, contact Parker Waichman today for a free consultation with one of our skilled Queens personal injury accident attorneys by filling out our online form or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
Have you suffered injuries in a Queens car accident?Click To Get A Free Case Review