Melanie H. Muhlstock
Managing Attorney - Mass Tort Division
University of Wisconsin at Madison (B.A., 1994); Loyola University – Chicago School of Law (J.D., 1997).
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association Member
- Discovery and Expert Sub-Committees of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for the Denture Cream Multi-District Litigation No. 2051
- Discovery and Expert Sub-Committees and Co-Chair of the Non-Party Discovery Sub-Committee of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for the Yasmin and YAZ (Drospirenone) Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Multi-District Litigation No. 2100
- Law and Briefing and Discovery Sub-Committees of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for the Guidant Multi-District Litigation No.05-1708
- Ms. Muhlstock has also done work on behalf of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In re: Bayer Corp. Combination Aspirin Products Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, Multi-District Litigation No. 2023; In re Ortho Evra Products Liability Litigation, both in Multi-District Litigation No. 1742 and in the New Jersey Mass Tort No. 275, and the New York Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the coordinated ReNu with MoistureLoc litigation before the Hon. Shirley Kornreich.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-author of “Liability for Off-Label Uses: Coordinating a Response with the Prescribing Physician”, which was presented at the American Conference Institute’s Drug and Medical Device Litigation Conference, December, 1998
- Frequent invited speaker on Mass Tort Litigation at national seminars including Mass Torts Made Perfect and Harris Martin
- Prior to joining Parker Waichman, Ms. Muhlstock spent seven years representing pharmaceutical companies and manufacturers of medical devices and consumer products. While in law school, she was also an extern for the United States Attorney’s Office in the Northern District of Illinois where she tried petty offense cases and assisted in the prosecution of organized crime and narcotics felony cases.
- Mass Torts
- Toxic Torts
- Defective Drug Liability
- Defective Medical Devices
- Products Liability
- Class Actions
- Complex Litigation
- General Personal Injury and Negligence Litigation