The skilled medical device lawyers at Parker Waichman LLP
Lawyers Taking Case Involving Zimmer Biomet Reverse Shoulder. The skilled medical device lawyers at Parker Waichman LLP are taking cases involving fractures and failure of the Zimmer Biomet Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System. These shoulder implants can cause serious injury, and we are pursuing litigation against the manufacturer. If you received one of these implants and experienced complications, including the need for an additional shoulder surgery, contact our office today. You could be eligible to file a Zimmer Biomet Reverse Shoulder lawsuit.
High Rates of Fractures Lead to FDA Recall of Zimmer Biomet Reverse Shoulder Devices
The Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System, manufactured by Zimmer Biomet, contains several prosthetic components to be used during a reverse shoulder replacement procedure. This type of procedure allows the shoulder joint to be controlled by the deltoid muscles, rather than the rotator cuff. The Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System has now been recalled because of its high rate of fractures. One of the elements of the Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System (the humeral tray) is prone to breaking or dislodging, causing severe complications for patients.
CLASS I Recall of Zimmer Biomet Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) initiated a CLASS I Recall (the gravest type of medical device recall) on the Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System in 2016 because of its unusually high rate of fractures, which exceeded the numbers stated on the implant packaging. The FDA described some of the complications that could result from a device-related fracture to include:
- Revision surgeries
- Permanent loss of shoulder function
Overall, the recall affected more than 3,600 units. While the recall prevented more people from receiving the implants in the future, it did not protect the many people who already had these implants and had already suffered injuries because of device fractures. Parker Waichman is stepping in to help these people and seek justice for their injuries.
Why Should I Retain a Lawyer?
If you underwent a shoulder replacement surgery using the Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System and experienced fracture of the device, you need an experienced attorney to represent you in a legal action. A skilled medical device lawyer can help you understand all your options for recovery and deliver the results you and your family need.
Parker Waichman LLP is aggressively pursuing litigation against Zimmer Biomet, and we are filing lawsuits on behalf of our clients alleging that Zimmer Biomet:
- Failed to conduct appropriate testing of the Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System
- Defectively designed the Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System
- Defectively manufactured the Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System
- Misrepresented data regarding reported fractures of the Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System
- Concealed information about the risk of fractures associated with the Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System
- Sold the Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System in an unreasonably dangerous condition
This litigation will undoubtedly present many challenges, but Parker Waichman’s lawyers are prepared with a full understanding of product liability laws and with the determination of professional litigators who sincerely care about their clients. Your best chance of recovery is working with attorneys you can trust.
Choosing a Qualified Attorney for Representation
In selecting your legal counsel, you want to be confident about the firm’s qualifications and ability to handle your claim. You have enough to worry about and should not have to stress about whether your lawyer is experienced enough to handle your case. As you search for an attorney, make sure you consider:
- Experience – You want to be sure you’re working with lawyers who have experience not only with product litigation but also with either the same device or a similar device to the Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System.
- Resources – Your firm needs to have the resources to tackle complex litigation against a corporation like Zimmer Biomet. Resources include finances, as well as staff. You don’t want your case to stall out because your firm doesn’t have the manpower or the capital to move forward.
- Client Service – Make sure you are satisfied with your firm’s processes for case updates and client communication. It can be especially frustrating to feel your case is not a priority or like you’re becoming lost in the shuffle. You or your loved one deserve quality representation by a law firm who makes you feel valued.
- Results – Ask about some of the firm’s results to understand the cases the law firm has successfully resolved. Your law firm should be able to point to recent successes and should be able to talk to you about cases similar to your own.
The decision of hiring a lawyer is both important and personal. You should feel confident about your selection, as that will serve you well throughout the course of your case. By keeping these prerequisites in mind, you will be able to find a firm that fits your needs.
Call for Your Free, Zimmer Biomet Reverse Shoulder Lawsuit Consultation
Parker Waichman LLP is offering free, confidential case consultations to all our potential Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System clients. We will review preliminary information about your claim at absolutely no cost to you and will help you understand your legal options. Our compassionate legal team will be by your side every step of the way, helping you and your family achieve the peace of mind you need to move forward.
The medical device lawyers at our law firm have extensive experience in products litigation, holding manufacturers responsible for harming innocent people. We believe in the power of the judicial system to change people’s lives and change industry practices. When we force manufacturers to face up to their failures, we assist in the creation of safer products for people in future.
Due to individual state statutes of limitations, time could be limited to file your potential claim, so do not delay in seeking the guidance of an experienced lawyer.
Contact Parker Waichman LLP for Your Free Evaluation
If you underwent a shoulder replacement surgery and experienced a fracture, break, or dislodgement of the device, contact the offices of Parker Waichman LLP today. Call 1-800-YOURLAWYER (1-800-968-7529), or fill out our online form today to receive a no-obligation case consultation with one of our medical device lawyers.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation
Have you undergone a shoulder replacement surgery and experienced a fracture, break, or dislodgement of the device?Click To Get A Free Case Review