On February 16, 2023, the Consumer Product Safety Commission reported that Linus Bicycles issued a safety recall of certain models of its Linus Electric Bicycles due to an accident hazard. The recall report states that the issue involves the bicycle’s front fork, which can break, causing a serious accident with injuries or death. The national recall affects nearly 500 electric bicycles.
According to the safety alert on the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website, this recall affects the Linus Ero 500 and Linus Bike Cesta 500 electric bicycles. The recall notice provided the serial numbers of the affected electric bicycles. To locate that serial number, look on the frame’s underside by the chain ring.
The bicycles are described as having the brand name “Linus” printed on the bicycle frame, and the recalled bike has one of these serial numbers:
Product Name Serial Number
If you own a recalled bicycle, immediately stop using the bicycle and call Linus Bike to set up a free fork replacement. Linus is currently contacting known purchasers.
The recalled bicycles were sold at Independent bicycle shops throughout the United States and sold online at linusbike.com from January 2020 until November 2022 at the cost of $2,000 to $2,500. The manufacturer of the bikes was Shenzhen Xidesheng Bicycle Company Ltd, of China, and they were imported from Linus Bike Inc., of Venice, California.
What are the steps to filing a product liability lawsuit?
Filing a product liability lawsuit can be a complex and time-consuming process. Here are some general steps that may be involved:
- Identify the product: The first step in filing a product liability lawsuit is to identify the product that caused your injury. You will need to provide as much information as possible about the product, such as the manufacturer, model, and date of purchase.
- Gather evidence: You will need to gather evidence to support your case, such as medical records, photographs of your injuries and the product, and any documentation related to the purchase of the product. It may also be helpful to keep the product in its original condition.
- Consult with an attorney: Product liability cases can be complex and require specialized legal knowledge. It is important to consult with an attorney who has experience handling product liability cases to determine whether you have a viable claim.
- File a complaint: If you and your attorney decide to move forward with a product liability lawsuit, you will need to file a complaint in the appropriate court. The complaint will outline your allegations and the damages you are seeking.
- Serve the defendant: You will need to serve a copy of the complaint on the defendant, which is typically the manufacturer of the product or another responsible party.
- Discovery: Once the defendant has been served, both parties will engage in a discovery process. This includes exchanging information, conducting depositions, and gathering evidence.
- Settlement or trial: If the parties are unable to reach a settlement, the case will proceed to trial. At trial, each side will present their case, and a judge or jury will decide the outcome.
It is important to understand that the specific steps involved in a product liability lawsuit can vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case and the laws in your state. It is important to consult with an experienced attorney who can guide you through the process.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury as a result of a defective or dangerous product, you need a strong and experienced legal team on your side. At Parker Waichman LLP, our team of attorneys has over 30 years of experience handling complex product liability cases and has a track record of success in obtaining substantial compensation for our clients. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a product injury can take on you and your family, which is why we are committed to providing compassionate and personalized legal representation to every client we represent.
If you believe you have a product liability case, don’t wait to take action. Contact Parker Waichman LLP today for a free consultation. Our team of experienced attorneys can review your case and help you understand your legal options. With our resources and expertise, we can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
For your free consultation, contact our law firm today by using our live chat or by calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation