The experienced automobile accident attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP litigate cases in Rockland County on behalf of injured people and their families. When other drivers act negligently on the road, they should be held responsible for the injuries they cause. Our firm advocates for accident victims, making sure their voices are heard and their injuries are taken seriously.
If you suffered injuries in a vehicle accident in Rockland County, contact our offices today. We offer no-risk consultations and case review for no money down. Call us to discuss your potential claims and rights to compensation.
Rockland County Auto Accident Injuries
Vehicle accidents are the fourth-leading cause of injury-related deaths in Rockland County, according to recent data from the New York State Department of Health. The Department of Health estimates that every month, approximately three people die because of traffic-related crashes in Rockland County, 21 people are hospitalized, and 345 people are treated in an emergency department.
In the year 2014, a total of 17 people died due to automobile accidents in Rockland County, 128 people were hospitalized because of accident injuries, and 2,069 people were treated in emergency departments following vehicle accidents in the county. Some of the common injuries associated with automobile accidents in Rockland County include:
- Bruises and abrasions
- Broken or dislocated bones/joints
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal bleeding
Accidents like these not only cause bodily harm and vehicle damage, they also result in extremely costly medical expenses. Rockland County automobile accidents in 2014 resulted in $23.8 million in hospital and emergency department charges, with an average hospital charge of more $92,000 per person. These are costs almost all families cannot afford to bear.
When you have been involved in an auto accident in Rockland County, you need a skilled attorney to help you seek deserved compensation to cover medical expenses and other costs associated with your injuries. Parker Waichman LLP can begin investigating your claim today and working toward the outcome you need. Call our Rockland County Car Accident Law Firm or fill out our online form to speak to a member of our experienced team.
Types of Automobile Accidents in Rockland County, New York
Vehicle accidents can occur in numerous ways in Rockland County. However, in our practice, we have found that the majority of accidents are primarily caused by careless conduct on the part of one of the drivers. During our decades of vehicle accident litigation, we have represented Rockland County residents injured in the following types of accidents:
- Drunk Driving Accidents – Drunk driving accidents account for a large number of the total accidents in Rockland County each year. These accidents tend to cause the most serious injuries and require longer, more expensive treatment.
- Distracted Driving Accidents – Distracted driving — eating, texting, emailing, reading while driving — has quickly become a major cause of vehicle accidents around New York, including in Rockland County. When a driver’s attention is pulled away from the road, the risk of a crash greatly increases.
- Drowsy Driving Accidents – Drowsy driving, or driving while fatigued, causes a larger number of accidents each year than one might think. When a person loses even a few hours of sleep, he is more likely to cause an accident while driving.
- Reckless Driving Accidents – Drivers who speed, weave in and out of traffic, and engage in other reckless driving behaviors place other motorists in real danger. Especially while driving at a high rate of speed, reckless driving crashes result in severe injuries.
- Traffic Violation Accidents – Ignoring or refusing to follow traffic laws in Rockland County can result in serious vehicle accidents. Running red lights or stop signs frequently results in T-bone crashes that lead to life-threatening injuries.
Our attorneys investigate all types of vehicle accidents in Rockland County in which our clients believe another driver is to blame for their injuries. We know your accident injuries have had a tremendous effect on your life, and we want to help you move forward with the legal results you deserve.
New York’s No-Fault Law
One way in which your Parker Waichman LLP accident lawyer can help you after an accident is in explaining New York’s No-Fault Law and determining its application to your vehicle accident case. Under the No-Fault Law, if you are seeking reimbursement for economic losses because of an injury accident, you must submit a claim to your own auto insurance carrier.
As the law’s name implies, the No-Fault Law applies to all economic loss claims in injury accidents, despite who was at fault in causing the vehicle accident. Through submission of a claim to your own insurance carrier, you can recover reimbursement for things like medical expenses and lost wages under the law. You will not, however, be able to recover for pain and suffering, for example, through this insurance process.
To recover for non-economic losses, you must meet a requirement within the law regarding the seriousness of your injuries. If you were seriously injured in your vehicle accident, you might be eligible to file a lawsuit in court for damages beyond your economic losses. The law sets out which injuries are considered “serious” for purposes of filing a lawsuit, but it isn’t always clear whether you meet the threshold.
When you hire Parker Waichman LLP for your Rockland County vehicle accident case, our attorneys will immediately review your case facts to determine whether a lawsuit is a viable option and an appropriate one for you, given the circumstances of the crash. Contact us today to learn more about the No-Fault Law and to receive a free, no-obligation case consultation with one of our aggressive and skilled lawyers.
Contact Parker Waichman LLP
The experienced accident litigators at Parker Waichman LLP have the skills you need to win and the compassion you need on your side. If you or a family member were injured in a car accident in Rockland County, contact our Rockland County Car Accident Law Firm today for a free consultation by filling out our online form or by calling 1-800-YOURLAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation
Were you or a member of your family hurt in an accident in Rockland County, New York?Click To Get A Free Case Review