According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Polaris has initiated a recall of all 2021-2023 Sportsman 450 and 570 All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs). The recall concerns an improperly assembled wiring harness may come into contact with the brake line and/or vehicle frame while in use, potentially leading to a loss of functionality of the front brakes and/or causing a fire. This situation presents both fire and crash risks. The recall was initiated on March 16, 2023, and affects about 80,000 2021-2023 Sportsman 450 and 570 All-Terrain Vehicles.
This recall affects specific Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) of 2021-2023 Sportsman 450 and 570 ATVs. The ATVs involved in the recall are available in various colors: blue, green, beige, red, gray, camouflage, black, titanium metallic, white, orange, and azure crystal. The front grille features the “POLARIS” stamp, while the words “POLARIS” and “Sportsman” are printed on the sides of the four-wheelers. Additionally, the model name can be printed on the chassis’ side. To locate the VIN, look at the ATV’s left rear frame. To determine if their ATVs are part of the recall, consumers can input their VIN on the Polaris website at www.polaris.com/en-us/off-road-recalls.
Customers are urged to stop using the affected ATVs without delay and get in touch with a Polaris dealer to arrange a complimentary repair. Polaris has informed consumers to cease riding the vehicles and is reaching out to registered owners directly to offer further information about the repair process.
The company has been notified of five instances of fire and three cases involving damaged wires. Two reports also mentioned a loss of front brake functionality among the five fire incidents.
Polaris ATVs were sold at dealerships nationwide between May 2019 and November 2022, with prices ranging from $6,600 to $11,600.
Why Retain a Product Liability Attorney for Injuries Caused by a Defective ATV?
Retaining a product liability attorney for injuries caused by a defective ATV is essential for several reasons:
- Expertise in product liability law: Product liability attorneys have specialized knowledge and experience in dealing with cases involving defective products, such as ATVs. They can help you navigate the complex legal process and ensure your rights are protected.
- Gathering evidence: An experienced attorney will help you gather crucial evidence to prove that the ATV was defective and that the defect caused your injuries. They can work with experts in the field to establish the nature of the defect and the manufacturer’s liability.
- Negotiating with manufacturers and insurance companies: Product liability attorneys have experience negotiating with manufacturers, retailers, and insurance companies to reach fair settlements for their clients. They can use their expertise to communicate your case and advocate for your best interests effectively.
- Pursuing compensation: A product liability attorney will work to recover damages and compensation for your injuries, including hospital bills, medical treatment, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related damages.
- Legal representation in court: If your case proceeds to trial, a product liability attorney will represent you in court, presenting your case to a judge or jury and working to achieve a favorable outcome.
By retaining a product liability attorney, you can increase your chances of obtaining a proper monetary settlement or jury verdict that compensates you for your injuries and any related expenses. It’s essential to act promptly after being injured by a defective ATV, as statutes of limitations apply to product liability claims, which can limit the time you have to file a product liability lawsuit.
If a recalled ATV has injured you or a loved one, contact Parker Waichman LLP for a free case review.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Our experienced defective office chair lawsuit lawyers are experienced in handling cases related to dangerous products. Whether a defective or dangerous product has harmed you or a loved one, contact our national product liability law firm today to protect your rights. Our caring and experienced defective office chair injury attorneys can help you decide who is responsible for your damages and hold them accountable. Call 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529) today for your free case evaluation.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation