Queens Personal Injury Lawyers
Free Case Evaluation
Your form has been successfully submitted.
Personal injury claims arise when an individual is injured due to the negligent, careless or reckless actions of some other person or entity. The injuries that you might suffer in a personal injury accident range from minor bumps and bruises to catastrophic injuries that have lasting adverse impacts on your everyday life. Severe injuries that require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation can also take you away from your job for months on end to the point that it becomes difficult to support and care for your family.
You should not have to worry about how you will make ends meet while you are dealing with the pain and trying to focus on recovering. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries due to the negligent or careless actions of another, you might be entitled to compensation.
The experienced Queens Personal Injury Attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP, are dedicated to helping those who have fallen victim to the negligent actions of others. Our accident and injury law firm has the skill and resources necessary to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Why You Should Choose Parker Waichman LLP
At Parker Waichman LLP, our personal injury lawyers have earned a national reputation for quality legal services and litigation success. Our law firm has obtained more than $2 billion in compensation for our personal injury clients due to the hard work, dedication, and advocacy efforts of our lawyers.
Our personal injury law firm and the lawyers at Parker Waichman LLP have also received a number of honors and accolades, including:
- An AVVO rating of 9.8 out of 10
- An AV Peer Review Rating as “Preeminent Lawyers”
- A listing in Extensive Peer Review’s publication, Best Lawyers
- Lawdragon’s highest ranking of “5 Dragons”
The above is not a complete list of the honors and accomplishments that our attorneys have received. When you choose Parker Waichman LLP, to handle your personal injury case, you can rest assured that you are selecting some of the country’s foremost personal injury lawyers.
Why Injury Victims Choose Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Queens, New York
Regardless of whether you’ve been injured in a car accident, truck accident, by a vicious dog bite, medical malpractice, a defective product or condition, or in a construction accident, it is imperative that you seek the advice of an experienced Queens Personal Injury Lawyer right away.
At Parker Waichman LLP, our attorneys have the skills, expertise, and the resources necessary to take on your personal injury claim and they will work to obtain the best possible results so that you can focus on recovering.
Parker Waichman LLP Handles All Types of Personal Injury Claims Including:
Oftentimes a personal injury case stems from an accident that is caused by the negligent or careless actions of another. In these instances, you need a skillful Queens Personal Injury Lawyer who will conduct a thorough investigation, consult with top experts, and aggressively defend your rights so that you can obtain the fullest recovery possible.
Some of the accident cases that we handle include:
- Car Accidents. If you’re driving down the road and someone suddenly changes lanes or speeds by you, spins out, and crashes into you causing serious injuries, they might be responsible for any injuries that you sustain in the accident. Other negligent actions that might cause or contribute to a car accident include texting while driving, driving too fast for weather conditions, fatigued driving, or equipment failure.
- Truck Accidents. Truck accidents can be devastating. This is not surprising given that a fully-loaded tractor trailer can weigh twenty to thirty times as much as a regular passenger vehicle. While some truck accident injuries are minor, in most cases, they are severe or even fatal, so it is imperative that you consult with an experienced Queens Personal Injury Lawyer right away in the event you are in an accident.
- A variety of factors may have caused the accident and/or a number of people or entities could be responsible for your injuries, so by hiring a skilled attorney, your chances of determining fault and obtaining compensation increase.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Motorcycle accidents can also be more devastating than accidents involving only cars or trucks given that there is no support or barrier between a motorcycle rider and the ground. A number of different factors can cause or contribute to a motorcycle accident, including negligent drivers who share the roadway.
- Pedestrian Accidents. Our law firm represents people who have been struck by cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, and taxicabs while walking on sidewalks or crossing the street. Unfortunately, pedestrians are more vulnerable than those inside of a passenger vehicle and are thus more likely to sustain severe injuries. To determine fault in a pedestrian accident, you must be able to prove that the driver or rider was negligent or violated a safety rule.
- Construction Accidents. The construction industry is inherently dangerous, as workers are often required to work at elevated heights, to use hazardous equipment or chemicals, or to operate heavy machinery. Injuries from falls or electrocution at a construction site can be devastating and even fatal. Fortunately, New York labor laws offer special protections to construction professionals, and under the law, they have a right to sue owners or contractors of the construction site if they can establish that they were injured because of an unreasonably dangerous condition at their workplace. In addition to New York labor laws, there are other negligence laws that provide additional protections to injured workers depending on the facts and circumstances of an individual’s injury.
- Slip or Trip and Fall Accidents. Slip and fall accidents can happen on slippery floors or in icy parking lots, and trip and fall accidents can occur when an individual trips over uneven floors or sidewalks. When you sustain a slip, trip or fall injury, it is important that you speak with one of our attorneys to determine if you may be entitled to compensation from the owner of the property on which the accident occurred.
Defective Products/Products Liability
Sellers and manufacturers of products are required to make sure that the products they sell or manufacture are not defective or dangerous to consumers. Moreover, companies that make products must inform consumers how to use their products properly and must warn them if any part of the product is unsafe or hazardous.
If a defective product has injured you or a loved one, the individual or entity who had something to do with the manufacturing or selling of the product could be responsible for your injuries. Call to speak with one of our caring attorneys for a free consultation. We will explain your legal right rights and the compensation you may be entitled to.
Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical malpractice is an area of the law that handles injuries that are caused by the negligent acts of a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare professional or hospital. Doctors and other healthcare professionals are held to a medical standard of care that refers to the type and level of care that a skilled and reasonably competent healthcare professional, within the same medial community and with a similar background would have provided to a patient under the circumstances.
When a healthcare professional deviates from this standard of care while making a decision regarding a diagnosis or course of treatment, and a patient is injured, becomes ill, or their condition worsens, then that healthcare provider can be liable for the damages that patient sustains.
Nursing Home Abuse Cases
As our elderly loved ones get older, they may find themselves needing extra assistance from a care provider, or they may end up in an assisted living facility or nursing home. Unfortunately, elderly individuals who live in these facilities are also at risk for abuse and/or neglect. Nursing home abuse and neglect can be the result of a variety of causes including understaffing issues, improper training or supervising, or lack of cleanliness at the facility. If your elderly loved one has inexplicable bruises or bedsores, or if they have poor personal hygiene, or if they have sudden and excessive weight loss, they might be victims of abuse or neglect.
Nursing home facilities can be held liable for injuries or illnesses that their patients and residents suffer, that’s why it is important to contact an experienced attorney right away if you think your loved one is being abused or neglected.
Zadroga Act - 9/11
The Zadroga Act provides benefits and funding to care for rescue workers, first responders, workers, residents, and other survivors of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Many illnesses and diseases have been linked to the toxic plume that enshrouded Manhattan as the Twin Towers fell and the Zadroga Act provides compensation to those who were affected by this toxic cloud.
If you or a loved one was injured as a result of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other damages. If you have lost a loved one due to the 9/11 attack, our law firm may be able to represent you in a wrongful death action. Call today to discuss your legal rights with one of our caring and competent Queens lawyers.
Defective Drugs and Medical Devices
Many of us rely on drugs and medical devices to help or improve our quality of life. However, as with any product or device, sometimes a manufacturing defect occurs, or inadequate testing of a drug or device leads to injury or death. When this happens, drug companies or companies that manufacture medical devices can be held responsible.
If you are injured or suffered an illness as a result of a defective drug or medical device, you may be compensated for your damages.
Other Personal Injuries and Complex Litigation
At Parker Waichman LLP, our attorneys have extensive experience handling complex personal injury matters. In addition to those mentioned above, we also represent clients who have sustained birth injuries, fire and burn injuries, injuries related to toxic torts, traumatic brain injuries, and wrongful death.
If you have any questions regarding your personal injury claim, be sure to contact Parker Waichman LLP today.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Personal Injury Claims
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help assess and investigate your claim, can work effectively with other attorneys and insurance companies, and can help you obtain the best possible results in your case either through settlement or by taking your case to trial.
Under New York personal injury law, the time you have to file a claim depends on your particular personal injury. For most personal injury matters, you have three years from the date of your injury or accident to file a lawsuit. If an accident is fatal, the time limit for filing a wrongful death claim in New York is two years from the date of death. Medical malpractice lawsuits must be filed within two years and six months of the injury. You have an even shorter period of time in which to file a personal injury claim against a governmental entity. It is important to note that if you fail to file your lawsuit by the appropriate deadline, you risk losing your right to recover your damages.
Negligence is typically defined as the failure to exercise reasonable care, or the failure to take a proper amount of care in any given situation. What this means is that someone acts negligently, or carelessly, if their actions fall below legally established standards of care that are meant to protect others from unreasonable risk of harm.
Most personal injury lawyers offer free consultations, and in many instances, they will work on a contingency fee basis. What this means is that they don’t get paid until you win at trial or successfully settle your case.
If you are able to establish that the negligence of another caused your injuries, you typically will be entitled to compensation for your past, present, and future medical expenses. You may also be able to recover lost and future wages depending on your injury. Other noneconomic damages might include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, or mental anguish.
To read more Frequently Asked Questions visit our Personal Injury FAQs page.
Free Case Review With an Experience Personal Injury Attorney in Queens, New York
If you have been injured due to the negligence or carelessness of another, it is imperative that you speak with one of our experienced Queens Personal Injury Lawyers right away.
At Parker Waichman LLP, we offer free, no-obligation case consultations. Be sure to either fill out our online contact form or call us today at 1-800-YOURLAWYER (1-800-968-7529) to discuss your case.