In the aftermath of a vehicle accident in Brooklyn, you may be confused about whether you should file a lawsuit over your injuries. If you’re in this situation, we’re here to help. The attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP can help you decide the best course of action for you and your family, and we can help you get much-needed compensation. We have extensive experience litigating Brooklyn automobile accident claims, and we provide superior representation you can count on to get you the best outcome possible. Contact us today for a free consultation with a skilled Brooklyn car accident lawyer. In Brooklyn, NY, we can help you get the results you deserve.
Causes of Auto Accidents in Brooklyn
Most of the vehicle accidents that occur in Brooklyn happen because of driver negligence. When drivers engage in risky or dangerous behavior, it places others at extreme risk of injury.
The majority of Brooklyn accidents are caused by these driver actions:
- Driving faster than posted speed limits
- Reckless driving, including lane changes without looking first
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving, including use of a smartphone while driving
- Fatigued driving
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Failure to obey traffic laws/signals
Impaired driving and distracted driving are among the most frequent causes of Brooklyn auto accidents. Drunk driving accidents statistically involve the most serious injuries, and anytime drivers are impaired or take their eyes off of the road, they are at risk of causing a severe accident, possibly even killing other drivers and passengers. If you’ve been a victim of another driver’s negligence, a Brooklyn auto accident attorney with Parker Waichman can help. Our firm fights for the rights of accident victims and the rights of family members left behind. Contact our Brooklyn auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation to discuss your potential claim.
Common Brooklyn Auto Accident Injuries
According to the New York State Department of Health, every week in Brooklyn, an average of seven people die in traffic-related crashes. In fact, auto accidents are the leading cause of injury-related deaths in Kings County. In addition, almost 50 people are hospitalized and nearly 700 people are treated every week in emergency departments for automobile accident injuries in Brooklyn.
Injuries that frequently stem from auto accidents in Brooklyn include:
- Bruises and abrasions
- Broken or dislocated bones and joints
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal bleeding
Our attorneys understand how severely these injuries can affect your life, and when you work with a Parker Waichman car accident lawyer in Brooklyn, NY, you can rest assured that we will pursue all possible compensation to help ease the stress associated with the accident. Our simple case intake process can start with just one phone call.
The Brooklyn Auto Accident Claims Process
We understand that you’re dealing with enough stress after an auto accident, and you don’t need to add to that with worries about legal procedures. That’s why we strive to keep things as easy and worry-free for our clients as possible. Our case intake process involves only a few simple steps.
- Your initial phone call or email: When you call our firm to speak with a Brooklyn car accident attorney or fill out our online form, you have already started your claims process. You will be able to quickly connect with a member of our team to share preliminary information about your Brooklyn accident claim.
- Follow-up with an attorney: After your initial call with Parker Waichman, you will be able to follow up with an experienced Brooklyn car accident lawyer. Brooklyn, NY, laws can be complex, but we’ll simplify the process for you by reviewing the facts of your case and providing you with options for moving forward. Our attorneys will make sure that your questions are answered so you can feel confident about your case.
- Sign-up paperwork: If we can move ahead with your claim, you will then complete sign-up paperwork to allow us to begin your case investigation. This will include a contract and a medical authorization so we can obtain your medical records from the treatment you received for your injuries. We will explain all of this paperwork in detail so you understand the scope of our representation and the records we will order on your behalf.
From here, a car accident lawyer in Brooklyn will undertake a full investigation of your potential claims and present you with a strategy for your case. This will include performing all of the following tasks on your behalf:
- Creating a summary of the accident from your perspective and/or any family members
- Identifying and (if possible) speaking to any accident witnesses
- Obtaining police reports from the accident
- Obtaining film or photos from any nearby businesses that might show the accident
- Gathering film or photos of the accident, injuries, or vehicle damage from you or any witnesses
- Contacting insurance carriers
- Determining the applicability of New York’s no-fault law to your claims
- Ordering medical records from the treatment you received for your injuries
- Consulting with experts regarding the strengths and weaknesses of your claims
Each Brooklyn car accident attorney at Parker Waichman understands what’s required to build a strong case, and we put all of our knowledge into helping you to get the best possible outcome.
Let Our Brooklyn Auto Accident Lawyers Help You
In potentially complex litigation like this, you need the best representation on your side. That’s why you should contact us for a free consultation with a skilled car accident attorney. Brooklyn claims are in good hands with Parker Waichman; we thoroughly understand what it takes to get results in Kings County, and when you trust us with your case, we’ll make sure that your rights are protected. Don’t delay. Statutes of limitations may limit your ability to file a lawsuit, so it’s important that you contact an auto accident lawyer in Brooklyn, NY, as soon as possible. Call 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529) or contact us online today for a free consultation.