Horse Mackerel May Cause Botulism. Boiled Horse Mackerel is being recalled today because it may be tainted with clostridium botulinum, the bacteria that causes botulism.
The Boiled Horse Mackerel was sold by Bao Ding Seafood of New York, NY. The product was sold in New York State, and the potential ‘botulism’ problem was discovered by the New York State Dept. of Agriculture and Market food inspector during a routine inspection. Subsequent analysis of the product by food lab personnel confirmed the fish was not eviscerated prior to processing.
Subject Recall Was Packaged In A Vaccum Plastic
The Boiled Horse Mackerel subject to this recall was packaged in a vacuum packed plastic bag, net weight 450g.
Consumers who have this Boiled Horse Mackerel are advised not to eat it, but should return it to the place of purchase. No illnesses have been associated with this product.
Food contaminated with clostridium botulinum an cause life-threatening illness or death. Anyone exhibiting ‘botulism’ symptom should seek immediate medical attention.
Botulism symptoms can include double or blurred vision, drooping eyelids, slurred speech, difficulty swallowing, dry mouth, and muscle weakness that starts at the shoulders and moves progressively down the body. ‘Botulism’ poisoning can also cause paralysis of the breathing muscles, which can lead to death without treatment and respiratory ventilation in about eight percent of cases.
Need Legal Help Regarding Botulism?
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation